Windows 7 Random, sporadic crashes (BSOD)

Oh, see that crash dump I attached in my previous post #19? You can see there all the drivers present in your system, scroll down that code list.

AtiPcie.sys Tue May 05 18:00:22 2009
ATI PCIE Driver for ATI PCIE chipset
http://www.ati.com/

It's more than 1 year old and was constructed before Windows 7 Final. So, chances are there may be something newer. If you have an amd motherboard, you should update its drivers.

Nah, that file is usually the latest, known well and probably there is no update to it as of yet. It isn't an issue.

Thanks so much for the continued help guys. I built the computer for my boss and I leave tomorrow to go back to university and I'm a bit guilt ridden as it looks like I'm going to be leaving him with a constantly crashing computer!

I've left memtest running so I'll update when I get back into work tomorrow (I'm in the UK). I'll also attach the lastest dump when I can.

Let's see your test results in a few hours.

Things to think about in the meantime: memory sticks, are their timings set appropriately? do hardware pieces match each other, motherboard, bios version, cpu, memory, etc.? I would clean install 7 on a seperate partition without any drivers at all, so to test the rig for bsod's and to see if it's hardware or drivers related.

Memtest pulls through! I got a boat load of errors after leaving it overnight with 14 passes. What they mean, I have no idea! I'm not sure if memtest stores any logs anywhere, but I took a picture of the results, hope that's good enough! I can write them up if needed. Also, here's all the info on hardware config:

RAM: This exact RAM is being used OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz Gold AMD Memory Kit CL9.. | Ebuyer.com. I just noticed it's "low voltage", does this mean I could be feeding it too much voltage? The timings are default 7-7-7-16

Motherboard: ASUS M4A78LT-M LE AMD 760G Socket AM3 DVI VGA Out 8.. | Ebuyer.com

Processor: AMD Athlon II X3 435 2.9GHz Socket AM3 1.5MB L2 Cache.. | Ebuyer.com

Memtest shot: Link Removed due to 404 Error <- if embedding doesn't work out.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

EDIT: Oh and dumps from yesterday: View attachment dumps.zip

Last edited:
Fairly annoying! I've now left the company and they wont just send a new one out. Just spoken to them (Ebuyer) and they'll either need to collect it or have me send it out to them, have them test it, then send out a replacement if they find it faulty. Not too sure my boss is going to be up for swapping the RAM himself either.

Thank you so much for the help though, absolute life saver, keep up the good work!

Back