Windows 7 Rat This Computer not working

wpurcell

Hello. I'm using the 64 bit and cannot "Rate This Computer". So far everything else works well, except IE8 is slow to open new tabs. I'm running Core 2 Quad [email protected], 8GB RAM, and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 280. Any ideas? Thanks in advance! Nice OS, by the way!:)

Trouble with the typing, apparently!

Typo Typo Typo!

Last edited:
It probably gives you an error message that for some reason one of your installed devices drivers is corrupt and that WEI cannot continue. I have received this error on numerous situations. Many times it is due to the fact that a piece of your software is incompatible with the WEI. I have had no success yet at debugging this issue but am hopeful that in the future i will find a solution.

If I try to run the test it will run but then at the end say it cannot be completed becuase of a driver problem or something like that. I am having lots of other trouble with aero crashing and graphics corruption so it is probably related to that.

you didn't install any graphic drivers?
are you using nvidia and windows 7 64bit? because as far as I know nvidia does not provide a decent 64bit driver for windows 7 (or at all?).
in any case, check the optional windows updates (there should be a windows 7 beta driver for your graphic card).
just go to windows updates and check for updates, then click optional updates (or something like that, don't have the english version of windows ;-))

you can check what drivers are missing by going to the device manager - any device with an exclamation mark or red error icon next to it isn't installed properly

I have installed the graphics drivers from windows update, the only thing with a exclamation mark in device manager is my tv tuner as the drivers are only for XP. I think the aero problem is related to my motherboard.

Back