Windows 10 RDR_FILE_SYSTEM, 0x27 BSOD

MasonPG97

I've been at it for weeks trying to find the root of the issue, but just can't get down to it :(

The error occurs on multiple PCs, but is the same error message and event log entry every single time. It's an intermittent issue that doesn't happen all of the time. but will then happen three times in an hour. I've seen it caused by moving/renaming files, and downloading through Google Chrome.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks x

Attachments

• W7F_12-05-2017.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 557
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 27, {baad0073, ffffd000238fcce8, ffffd000238fc500, fffff800fa4daf68}
Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exe ( nt_wrong_symbols!59029C7C850000 )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
all the dump files appear the same although complain of incorrect file symbols. This probably just relates to ntoskrnl.exe as there are a couple of versions.
In any case the dumps relate to a sub system driver 'Rdbss' and it may have become corrupted or another driver is causing it to crash.
RDBSS, amongst other things deals with SMB network operations ((SMB protocol) provides a method for client applications in a computer to read and write to files on and to request services from server programs in a computer network. )

File scans to clear possible corruption.
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

As the bsod is looking network related try first removing your security AV suite 'Sophos'. You can always re-install later but for now please just use the on board Defender.

e1d65x64.sys Thu Aug 13 10:14:29 2015: Intel Pro/1000 Network Adapter driver. A later version can be found on your systems support page:
Support for Latitude E7470 | Dell US

iaStorAV.sys Thu Feb 19 12:08:39 2015: Intel Rapid Storage Technology SATA RAID Controller driver please update:
Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver and Management Console Driver Details | Dell US

ImperoInjDrv64.sys Sun Oct 26 17:54:13 2014: Impero DLL Injection Driver? Possible suspect please remove.

See how you go after making the above changes. Please post any new dump files after updating the above.

Thanks for the Response, Kemical.

I'll be back on-site to check the laptop on Friday, so will try what you've suggested and get back to you then.

In the meantime, Impero is the monitoring software we use, so can confirm that it's not suspect and is fine. I'll remove Sophos, which we use throughout our network, and see how it goes for the day just using Windows Defender.

I'll update you on Friday! Thanks again.

Thanks for the update Mason, I look forward to your next reply.. Best of luck!

So I ran SFC as requested, and it found corrupt files but was unable to fix them.

Please see attached the CBS log!

Thanks

Attachments

• CBS.zip
    539.1 KB · Views: 305
Hi,
it can help if the sfc scanner is ran for a number of times as it slowly clears the corruption.

As your using Windows 10 try running the DISM command too (like an advanced form of SFC). This scan had, in recent builds of win 10, stopped working properly but try it anyway:

File scans

Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Hi again,

Running the dism command returns error 0x800f081f - The source files could not be found. The log file for this can be found attached.

Any advice on this?

Thanks

Attachments

• dism.zip
    32.5 KB · Views: 266
Running the dism command returns error 0x800f081f - The source files could not be found. The log file for this can be found attached.

Any advice on this?
As i said above, it's been temperamental in recent builds so don't worry too much.

If you've had any further bsod's please post the dump files.

I'm trying a fix for DISM now. I'll post back if it's successful.

User reported another BSoD yesterday afternoon. Event Viewer shows same error as before (bugcheck, 0x27). Please see logs attached!

Thanks

Attachments

• W7F_19-05-2017.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 421
Hi,
yes I found this method worked for me. Ok so you'll need to obtain a copy of the latest Windows 10 iso which you can do from the media creation tool
tool.JPG

Once you've downloaded the iso, right click on it and click 'mount'. You'll see it appear as if it's a disk drive in your HDD display area (probably as F).

Open an admin cmd prompt and type (you will need to change the 'X' to whatever the windows iso mount is named, could be F or G depending on how many drives you have):

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

Press enter and let it cycle.

To unmount the iso right click it and click 'eject'.

Hopefully that will repair things.

I just tested after a reboot and yayy:
yayy.jpg

I'll have a look at your other dump file but chances are if it's the same bugcheck on a similar machine, using the same software then causes and culprits are likely to be the same.
If the SFC scanner is working so well for you then it's likely to be corruption and usually a general spring clean removing any old unused files or data will help as you've seen.
Anyhoo I'll be back.

Hi again,

Still no luck. Running Dism still returns 0x800f081f despite pointing it towards the mounted DVD Drive (D:)

:'(

I've just noticed that your version of Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool is 10.0.15063, whilst mine is 10.0.10240... is there an update for this anywhere, or should I run a full windows update to try to get it up to speed?

So it seems Windows Update has got DISM up and running now, going to run it and then SFC again and see how it goes for the next week

I've just noticed that your version of Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool is 10.0.15063, whilst mine is 10.0.10240... is there an update for this anywhere, or should I run a full windows update to try to get it up to speed?
Your number 10.0.10240 is the RTM if I recall correctly and there has been a multitude of updates since then. You could try bringing Windows upto speed but it may take a while.
Personally rather than update and upgrade my way to the Creators update version. The very latest and the one I'm using why not simply clean install. Back up your files and pop on a new fresh build. You'll be surprised on how fast this build is, we all were.. :)

Your number 10.0.10240 is the RTM if I recall correctly and there has been a multitude of updates since then. You could try bringing Windows upto speed but it may take a while.
Personally rather than update and upgrade my way to the Creators update version. The very latest and the one I'm using why not simply clean install. Back up your files and pop on a new fresh build. You'll be surprised on how fast this build is, we all were.. :)

Definitely something I'll experiment with when we get some downtime. Our Windows 10 deployment has been troubled to say the least...

Apologies as my knowledge of networks and servers is sadly lacking although we do have some excellent members who are very well versed in the subject.

Back