Windows 7 Re: How To Display Domain and Local Logon Accounts on Logon Screen

nizaruf

I am running Windows 7 32-bit Professional and I have two local user account on my computer (Administrator Profile and Students Profile). Problem is once I join computer to domain, at logon screen only last logon profile is shown and if I want to logon as a second user I have to choose "logon other user" option, then I have to type computer name/user account, especially that I create students user account for non domain user to use the computer. Is there any way once logon screen appear two user account shown instead of one only "which is last logon user"?

Please if you got the answer for same problem, let me know.
With many thanks if you have solution or not.

Removed email to stop user being spammed

Last edited by a moderator:
I am running Windows 7 32-bit Professional and I have two local user account on my computer (Administrator Profile and Students Profile). Problem is once I join computer to domain, at logon screen only last logon profile is shown and if I want to logon as a second user I have to choose "logon other user" option, then I have to type computer name/user account, especially that I create students user account for non domain user to use the computer. Is there any way once logon screen appear two user account shown instead of one only "which is last logon user"?

Please if you got the answer for same problem, let me know.
With many thanks if you have solution or not.

Removed email to stop user being spammed

Please refrain from multiple cross posting. Your three threads have been moved and merged and duplicates deleted and you email address has been removed for your own safety to prevent spamming of your account.
Referencing your actual problem, the short answer is no. Once a computer has been joined to a domain, the behavior in reference to the logon screen you are seeing is typical and intended.
The only work around that I might suggest that would possibly work, depending on your requirements regarding domain membership would be to remove the machine from the domain and put it into a workgroup with the NetBIOS name of the domain.
Domain = MyDomain.lan
Worgroup = MYDOMAIN
The logon behavior should return to what you seem to desire.
Make sure that the profile you are calling "Adminstrator" has a domain user account and password that is exactly the same as the one you are using to logon locally and Windows Passthrough Authentication should pretty much handle the rest.
Of course no Domain Policies, regarding OU(s) membership or relevant security will be applied to the workgroup computer nor its' user(s).

Back