Windows 7 re-install vista using recovery disc after a complete format

sny

hello guys,
i am planning to install windows 7 very soon but am worried that while installing windows 7,vista will be completely formatted if doing a fresh installation in-case if i don't like it, can i re-install vista using the recovery disc?my pc came with vista installed on it so i dont have a guniene DVD for vista.

Thankyou..any answers will be greatly apreciated.

Last edited:
hello guys,
i am planning to install windows 7 very soon but am worried that while installing windows 7,vista will be completely formatted if doing a fresh installation in-case if i don't like it, can i re-install vista using the recovery disc?my pc came with vista installed on it so i dont have a guniene DVD for vista.

Thankyou..any answers will be greatly apreciated.

a. You won't be unhappy with Win7..... Vista is crap.
b. You can preserve Vista (yuk!) by installing Win7 to unallocated space following Vista (which you may have to create). That will set up a dual-boot and you will have both.

Instructions are in this forum if you need further assistance.

Thanks for the reply.
i guess dual boot will occupy lot space on my hardisk and sometimes results in file crashing.
Incase if i install win 7 on a unallocated space, is it easy to delete vista for c drive? and whats the procedure of removing it.

thanks

Back