Windows Vista reading vista registry...urgent

U

Unregistered

hello,
i am facing a problem ad need an urgent solution....i wrote a shell script to read the registry to detect whether an activex control has been installed on a vista machine. the script is as follows:
-------
Option Explicit
Dim WshShell, datePickerFileName,fso
Const ForRead = 1
On Error Resume Next

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

datePickerFileName = WshShell.RegRead("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{20DD1B9E-87C4-11D1-8BE3-0000F8754DA1}\InprocServer32\")

If Err.number = 0 Then
Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
if Not fso.FileExists(datePickerFileName) Then
MsgBox "Date Picker component is not found...Please install one.."
Else
MsgBox "Date picker Component exists ... No need to do anything"
End if
Set fso = Nothing
Else
MsgBox "Date Picker component is not found...Please install one.."

End If

Set WshShell = Nothing

------

The problem that i am facing is that on reading the registry, Vista comes to know that i am reading the value of the activex component and it give me the pop up message: "". i dont want this pop up message to appear and i want to do it programmatically....how do i do the same?

To be honest I haven't got a clue.. I think your just showing off myself :rolleyes:... Have you tried 'googling'?

Hi

Found this on a Google!

After having a look at the code, I find that the Create member function of CLogin tries to create an ActiveX control with CLSID “{20DD1B9E-87C4-11D1-8BE3-0000F8754DA1}â€Â￾, thus, you should make sure that this ActiveX control is properly registered on the system.

All registered ActiveX control CLSIDs are stored under “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSIDâ€Â￾, if this ActiveX control is registered, there will be a register key “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\ {20DD1B9E-87C4-11D1-8BE3-0000F8754DA1}â€Â￾.

Because this ActiveX control has been registered on your Windows 2000 system, thus, it works well. However, it hasn’t been registered on your Windows XP System, thus, it won’t work well.

The project seems to act as an ActiveX container, thus, I suggest you modify the clsid member of CLogin to any existing ActiveX control CLSID.

On the usage of CreateControl function, you can refer to
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2wyzh77w.aspx

Hope this helps! Didn't understand any of it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi!! I personally wouldn't go to all that trouble to find an Active X. Usually my security finds anything wandering around in my system. I installed a program to clean out things like that, along with bad file paths and assorted etc. Just hit a button and all that stuff is taken care of.

Simple antidote...beg, borrow, steal (suggest pay) for UniBlue PowerSuite. It is the ultimate in system maintenance apps. If something has been changed, added or corrupted on your PC, this cerebrally-oriented prog will not only detect it, but fix it. Check this link: Link Removed - Invalid URL

Back
Top Bottom