Windows 7 Realtek ALC268 major issues

mattinsa

OK - I have had the latest High Definition Audio Codecs - R2.27 installed on my Toshiba Satellite U300-113 - Core 2 Duo T5450 1.66 GHz -Realtek ALC268 for a while now.

It does some strange things, and is totally unreliable. The souncard seems to just be totally lost when I bootup sometimes, it doesn't show in my audio config or in its usual place in device manager >> sound cards etc

it is now showing under system devices - and the driver info is not showing - please see attached screenshots..

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Link Removed due to 404 Error

I have uninstalled & reinstalled the R2.27 software (however there is no Realtek interface that I can run - is this normal?)

I have uninstalled & reinstalled - I have disbaled and re-enabled..I have run the troubleshooter - all with no change.

There is no audio device being found.

I am pretty clueless how to take this forward, and what else I can do?

anyone else having major hassles with this?

You have some other problems with unknown devices that should be taken care of first.

Sorry for all the questions, but........
In order to troubleshoot your problem we need to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.

1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32, look under the Components section for hardware identification
2 Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

Are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit version?
Was it a "clean" install or an upgrade?
Are you dual-booting?
Are you using the official RC directly from Microsoft?
Did this occur immediately after install?
Do you recall installing any software that may have caused the problem?

Hi,

Many thanks for your help.

OK - I have added the information in my CPanel.

Are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit version? 32-bit

Was it a "clean" install or an upgrade? clean install

Are you dual-booting? NO

Are you using the official RC directly from Microsoft? Yes

Did this occur immediately after install? No

Do you recall installing any software that may have caused the problem? No, it seems to happen randomly but could be aligned to windows updates?

Ok - sorted

Uninstalled latest Realtek drivers and installed the drivers on the Toshiba drivers page for my notebook - although its an old release (1.75) its sorts the issue out immediately..

thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom