Windows 7 rECOVER FILES after windows 7 fresh install

manchonoch

I am having a problem accessing files. I was running vista til my had to do a fresh install of windows 7. I had been backing up with nt backup and still have those files. They were under an administrator account. When I attempt to restore them I see the files transfered but am unable to see them in the folder they were transfered to. The size of the file is 50 gigs so I know they are in there but cannot see or acces them. I have changed ownership to the new admin account in 7. tO NO AVAIL. aNY IDEAS?

I am having a problem accessing files. I was running vista til my had to do a fresh install of windows 7. I had been backing up with nt backup and still have those files. They were under an administrator account. When I attempt to restore them I see the files transfered but am unable to see them in the folder they were transfered to. The size of the file is 50 gigs so I know they are in there but cannot see or acces them. I have changed ownership to the new admin account in 7. tO NO AVAIL. aNY IDEAS?
If the folder appears to be empty when you open it but still shows that it has 50 gigs of data under the folder properties, I can only suspect that for some reason the contents are hidden or have some other property that is preventing you from actually viewing them. Try opening the folder and then either on the tools->folder options menu, go to the view tab and put a dot in the "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" selection and uncheck the box that says "Hide protected operating system files" or click the down arrow next to the "Organize" and choose the "Folder and search options" and do the same thing under the view tab and see if that makes any difference. Don't forget to undo those setting changes when you're done.

Last edited:
Are they on an external HD? if so try disconnecting it rebooting then plug it back in.
Joe

Back