Windows 7 Refuses to boot - driver problem

tonyd48

Honorable Member
Updated and have not been able to start 7 since then. I get a blue screen with a standard: "if this is the first time than reboot" Further down it states "if this is not the first time, check drivers and bios etc, it there is a STOP message, disable that driver".
Here's the STOP message:
stop: 0x0000001E (0XFFFFFFFFC 00000005, 0XFFFFF88003668 E 38, 0X0000000000000000, 0X00000000 FFFFFA88

K71.sys address FFFFF88003668E38 base at FFFFF8800360C000, date stamp 4911af6b

How do I disable?

I was able to boot in SAFE MODE without any problem, but full on that driver (if it is such) causes the blue screen.
Computer specs are in my profile; here's a nutshell HP Laptop w/core 2 duo and 4 gig ram; nVidia display driver and 256 dedicated vid card

Any help appreciated. I work in Corel Draw & Paint and Dreamweaver and Vista just has nasty problems with redrawing the screens. Those software programs run seamlessly and quicker in 7.

Thanks

i just had the exact same problem, it turns out to be caused by kaspersky antivirus, just get under safe mode, click start, and in the search thingy....type: msconfig, and disable kaspersky to run and the problem's solved....

If you find you get BSOD after installing software .

It is very easy to install software and then find you have an inability to boot or get BSOD . The best and easiest way to fix those kind of issues is to use the rollback feature in windows7.

Insert your windows 7 boot disk and go through the motions of installing windows but then use the fix windows prompt.
Rollback windows to a time prior to software install and problem solved .

No nasty bits of software to worry about ;)

Kaspersky Antivirus was the problem. Up and running again. Thanks. Any suggestions for an alternate antivirus or has Kaspersky fixed the issue? I'm checking their site now but wanted to thank you for the simple fix.
TD

Eset

Kaspersky Antivirus was the problem. Up and running again. Thanks. Any suggestions for an alternate antivirus or has Kaspersky fixed the issue? I'm checking their site now but wanted to thank you for the simple fix.
TD

I find Eset smart security works well with windows 7 and very good security software :)

I've found ESET Smart Security 4 online; 30 day free trial. Doesn't mention Windows 7. This the one or is there a special download for 7?

Thanks

I've found ESET Smart Security 4 online; 30 day free trial. Doesn't mention Windows 7. This the one or is there a special download for 7?

Thanks

Yes should work no problems and good luck :)

Back