Windows 7 registration Key not accepted

billyc99

Honorable Member
I am unable to find my original post...davidhk129 replied to me and I followed the instructions provided for activation of Windows7. After spending much time on the telephone with MS support (blah). I am still unable to activate. I know the problems lies with my trying to activate my Win7 Pro without having the original WinXP installed on the Netbook. I have a product key on the notebook indicating the version of XP that was installed. Trying to contact MS Support was like talking to the wall. They weren't understanding what I need to do. Any more ideas out there. I surely do not want to spend extra $ for a full Win7 OS. Maybe my Netbook will make a fine doorstop or paperweight! Does anyone out there have another solution? I have an old XP disk but no License key, so that won't work. Frustrated to say the least.

Happy New Years to all. To Pat Cooke, thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Paul Thurott's guide worked well for me. I was able to register/unlock Win7 using the Second Option. Thank you all for your help.

Back
Top Bottom