Registry change/desktop rearranging

soratak

Hello, I've got a problem with desktop. After reboot/restart or even refresh desktop all icons are moved to left side of screen.

I found this solution:

In regedit go to those 2 destinations

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{42aedc87-2188-41fd-b9a3-0c966feabec1}\InProcServer32\
and
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{42aedc87-2188-41fd-b9a3-0c966feabec1}\InProcServer32\

Double click on (Default) and replace "%SystemRoot%\SysWow64\shell32.dll" with "%SystemRoot%\system32\windows.storage.dll" in both file destinations then restart your PC and everything should work fine !!"

It worked fine but when I restart pc it happens again AND registry is as it was before (so "shell32.dll" instead of "windows.storage.dll").

So my question is - why changes in registry are undone after reboot?
I did it in safe mode. I have unchecked "autoarrange". I don't have any malware or virus. I'm running Win10 (upgrade from 8.1). It's happening on Guest profile too.

Thank you for answers.

BIGBEARJEDI

Fantastic Member
Premium Supporter
Welcome to the Forum!

Please provide make/model of the computer having this problem.

Did you remember to run the Windows UPGRADE ASSISTANT prior to your upgrade to Win10? This could be a driver problem, or it could be a problem with a piece of software that's not compatible with Win10.

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.