Windows 10 Remind Me window is not always in front.

McGyver

The Remind Me app creates an alert window at the right time but it doesn't stay in front of other windows. That makes it invisible unless I purposely look for it, and therefore its useless as an alert. There must be a setting for that but I can't find it.

Is there anything in it's settings to make it always on top? Most apps like that have a setting like that.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the forum :up:

Yeah, I just tried it, no pop-up windows seems to show up. However, the reminder shows up in the Cortana windows on the Start Menu (the Metro Tiles), and it also shows up as a blip on the Notification Menu on the lower-right task bar to the right of the System Clock. When you click the "NOTIFICATIONS", you'll see it listed at the top. And the little icon shows a "1" in there. Certainly not what you are used to with older pre-W10 apps. You can use MS Outlook (versions 2003-2016) to provide that pop-up Windows (that costs money unless you have a copy laying around in a drawer somewhere. Alternatively, you could use the free Google Calendar to set reminders via one of your browsers (Edge, Chrome, IE11, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Pale Moon, etc.). Those would work better. I'm not familiar with any way to change the action of the Cortana calendar reminders at this point. Others here may have a trick or a hack to do that, so keep checking back on this thread.

Best,:encouragement:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>> :pumpkin:

The Remind Me app creates an alert window at the right time but it doesn't stay in front of other windows. That makes it invisible unless I purposely look for it, and therefore its useless as an alert. There must be a setting for that but I can't find it.
Why not try using Windows Calender?

I use it to enter the day of the appointment as well as time and the place. You get plenty of reminders and I find it invaluable for my appointments for this and that.

Windows 10 calender

Thanks, BigBear. I'll try Google Calendar next. I liked the idea of Reminder because it sits on the taskbar and one click gets it open for entry. But if the reminder isn't always on top, I'll drop the idea.

Thanks, Kemical. I found Windows Calendar it and tried it, but I don't see how to make it give me a pop-up alert. I'll go back and look more carefully. Thanks.

Windows Calendar it and tried it, but I don't see how to make it give me a pop-up alert.
Hi,
from what I can tell it just does it automatically as I've never changed any settings to set it up kinda thing..

Back
Top Bottom