Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Windows 10 Remove Admin

onemikekelly

Hi all,

When I was made redundant from my previous company they let me keep my laptop but did not remove the company admin rights before I left.

I have spoken to them and they said they cannot help and I will need to sort this out myself.

Does anyone know how to remove admin rights for free as I cannot install any new programs or my printer as I am asked for a password everytime which I don't know. My main problem is the licence for MS Office has expired so I can't use Word or Excel, however I now have a licence I have purchased but cannot install.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

I have spoken to them and they said they cannot help and I will need to sort this out myself.
That's typical of a stingy company that does layoffs.

Does anyone know how to remove admin rights for free as I cannot install any new programs or my printer as I am asked for a password everytime which I don't know. My main problem is the licence for MS Office has expired so I can't use Word or Excel, however I now have a licence I have purchased but cannot install.
If the hidden built-in "Administrator" account doesn't have a password set, you can access a fully privileged Command Prompt by Shift + Clicking the Restart button and clicking Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Command Prompt.

To delete a user account, such as the previous administrators
net user [Account Name] /delete

To create a new administrative account
net user [Account Name] * /add

To change the password of an account
net user [Account Name] *

To access the built-in Administrator where you can do these tasks with a user interface
net user Administrator /active:yes

You may want to just Reset This PC, or create installation media with Media Creation Tool, and reinstall Windows.

Back