Windows 7 Replaced hard drive in HP Pavilion Desktop computer

Oldsrocket

So i had to replace the hard drive in this older HP Pavilion computer because it was bad. I bought the exact same drive for it. I have no windows 7 installation disc or a driver disc. But i had a Dell windows Vista disc which i used to put the program in the computer. The computer tells me i cant use the Vista driver disc in it because both companies use their own system. Is there anyway of working around this. Thanks

It's most likely an OEM copy of Windows so has to be an OEM installer. You'll also run into issues activating since the Windows 7 activation servers are no more.

I had to replace the hard drive in this older HP Pavilion computer because it was bad. I've bought the exact same drive and have no windows 7 installation disc or a driver disc. But I had a Dell Windows Vista disc which I used to put the program in the computer. You need to use an XP CD for this one. Both companies use their own systems. What are you doing to work around this? I think I have found a way round this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom