Windows 7 Requesting Information on how to delete/remove network (NIC) profiles (IP Information)

n9nu

Extraordinary Member
I was wondering if there was a way (either via the CLI or the registry) to remove or delete my current and past NIC information that Windows has saved. I have a problem where the GATEWAY address always disappears when I start my PC and thus have to manually enter the NIC IP information each time. I am only using one physical NIC. This happens despite the removal of the NIC profile from within the Network Connections page in the Control Panel.

Tnx

Tim

Solution
To address the issue of the missing GATEWAY address and the need to manually enter NIC IP information every time you start your PC, you can try the following steps to clear out any remnants of past NIC configurations:
  1. Clearing Network Configuration Data:
    • Using Command Prompt:
      • Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
      • Run the following command to clear the TCP/IP configuration:
        Code:
         netsh int ip reset
      • Restart your computer after running the command.
  2. Registry Cleaning:
    • Registry Editor:
      • Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
      • Type regedit and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
      • Navigate to the following key:
        Code:
To address the issue of the missing GATEWAY address and the need to manually enter NIC IP information every time you start your PC, you can try the following steps to clear out any remnants of past NIC configurations:
  1. Clearing Network Configuration Data:
    • Using Command Prompt:
      • Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
      • Run the following command to clear the TCP/IP configuration:
        Code:
         netsh int ip reset
      • Restart your computer after running the command.
  2. Registry Cleaning:
    • Registry Editor:
      • Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
      • Type regedit and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
      • Navigate to the following key:
        Code:
         HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces
      • Under Interfaces, you will find subkeys that correspond to different network adapters. Identify the correct subkey for your NIC by checking the details.
      • Delete the subkey related to your NIC (make sure it's the correct one).
      • Restart your computer. By following these steps, you can clear out any lingering network adapter settings or configurations from the registry that might be causing the issue with the missing GATEWAY address. Remember to proceed with caution when making changes to the registry. After performing these steps, you can re-enter your NIC IP information once and see if the issue persists upon restarting your PC. If the problem continues, additional troubleshooting may be necessary.

Solution
Back