Windows 7 Restore Win 7 Pro ....

toddwilson

Hello all
I am in a dilemma
I have a Toshiba L500 Laptop with Win7 Pro 32x installed
I recently had a hard drive failure and the drive was replaced by another 500gb drive, new
I now need to reinstall Windows 7 pro, and have the 3 system recovery discs I have made with the system recovery feature on the laptop pre hard drive crash and failure
Can I install these even though it is a brand new hard drive, with no partition obviously for the toshiba recovery data?
I understand I can do a fresh install of Windows 7 Pro, but this will leave the laptop without the added Toshiba features such as PC Health and webcam software and such and I do require these to be installed

Thanks in advance
Todd

I believe the restore partition and DVDs created from it is an image of how the computer was when it left the factory. Everything that was on there in software should be on disks. Myself I prefer a genuine install disk that doesn't have all the bloatware and is able to be used as a source to slipstream in updates.
Joe

Thanks for your advice Joe,
I understand the bloatware issue but these eg: Nortons and Office trial can be easily removed
They are a pain, and remnants are probably left behind, but the pros of having Toshiba drivers and software is available to me
Hopefully, the recovery option with the disks I have made will allow me to do this
I just wanted to know beforehand, as I fear stuffing other things up with a failed install

Thanks again
Todd

Back