Windows 7 Restore windows 7 with image backup

Pedro Rebelo

Hi guys.
I have a windows 7 64 professional edition with restore tool making a backup image every week.
My system has failed but I have last week's restore copy. How do I restore my system with this copy? I didn't create a system repair dvd before the system failure.

What is the name of the software you use to make your backup image? Where did you save the backup image?

IF you've used the native Windows backup tool to create your system images, you should be able to boot from your installation media or recovery disk and
Click the link that says "Repair" and you should see some options to restore your computer from a system image.
  1. Insert the installation disc or system repair disc.

2. Restart your computer using the computer's power button.

3. If prompted, press any key to start the computer from the installation disc or system repair disc.

If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check the information that came with your computer. You might need to change your computer's BIOS settings. For information about which settings to change, check your computer manufacturer's website. For more information about BIOS, see BIOS: frequently asked questions.

4. Choose your language settings, and then click Next.

5. Click Repair your computer.

This step only applies if you are using a Windows installation disc.

6. Select a recovery option, and then click Next.
SOURCE: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/restore-computer-from-system-image-backup#1TC=windows-7

Also, you can go to another PC that is running the same version of Win 7 and create the System Repair disk there.

I have tried to use the original windows dvd and I went to another pc with the same version of windows to create a system repair disk. When I try to boot from both of them, it says that's a different version :X

Did you make sure it was the same bit type...eg 32 bit windows 7 pro or 64 bit windows 7 pro?

Yes, for sure. The pc is new and I am using the original dvd. But is there any way to confirm windows version accessing system files? I can open all the files of this installation, only not able to start up.

I have used jellybean keyfinder and I've figured that my faulty installation and the good one where I've created the restore disk are the same. X15-37262

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom