Windows 7 Right click to set a picture as cover (folder.jpg)

ahd55

If you have a large media library this tweak will be very useful.
I have a large media library and I like to organize it for faster browsing with a covers, ablum art, poster ...etc
I tend to rename pictures (only jpg files) to folder.jpg a lot this tweak will add an option to rename it to folder.jpg to save some time :).

cZevv.jpg

Download
Link Removed due to 404 Error

I tried it in windows 7 it might work in Vista.

That's a great registry tweak,

If the extension of the picture is ,jpg, you would need to alter the registry script slightly:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\jpgfile\shell\Set as a Cover]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\jpgfile\shell\Set as a Cover\command]
@="cmd.exe /c rename \"%L\" folder.jpg"

In my case, when I navigate in Regedit to the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, I find my Default association is ACDSEE.jpg.

Therefore I modified it for that

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ACDSee.JPG\shell\Set as a Cover]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ACDSee.JPG\shell\Set as a Cover\command]
@="cmd.exe /c rename \"%L\" folder.jpg"

If your association is with another graphic editor, just navigate to that key and look for the default value, and substitute that for jpgfile.

download

this sounds like what i've been searching for all day. is it still possible to download it? none of the links are working.

here is the rapidshare premium link (you don't need a RS account)

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Awesome!

Thanks so much mate this saved me a lot of time!
Is there any chance you could write a tweak that would do the same thing but set the picture as the actual folder icon so you don't have to have the folder icon around the picture?
Or is there another way of doing this?
Thanks

Re: Awesome!

........Is there any chance you could write a tweak that would do the same thing but set the picture as the actual folder icon so you don't have to have the folder icon around the picture?
Or is there another way of doing this?
Thanks
You'd need to convert your image to an icon (.ico) file which would contain (at minimum) 256x256, 64x64, 48x48, 32x32, 24x24 and 16x16 sized True Colour images. IcoFX is a free icon program that could do this in "batches".
It would then be a matter of swapping each folder icon over.

Back