Windows 7 Running games at peak performance

cybercore

Make your games running at peak performance with Link Removed - Invalid URL.

Designed to help optimize your PC for smoother, more responsive game play in the latest PC games with the touch of a button, Game Booster helps achieve the performance edge previously only available to highly technical enthusiasts.

It works by defragmenting game directories, temporarily shutting down background processes, cleaning RAM, and intensifying processor performance. That means you can keep all the features of operating systems ready for when you need them, but turn them off when you are ready to get down to serious business – gaming.

Download freeware Game Booster

Features:

1 Click

Game Booster is extremely easy to use. Its intuitive interface makes Game Booster the perfect tool for complete computer beginner.

Speeds up Game Play

Game Booster gives more CPU and RAM to your games, making your games running at the peak performance.

Defragments Game Files

Game Booster can quickly defragment game directories and files, to make your games load and run faster than ever.

Increases Gaming Stability

Game Booster prevents and avoids possible conflicts and incompatibility, by temporarily closing background processes and unnecessary Windows services.

Safe, Secure, and Free

Game Booster does not overclock your hardware, does not change your Windows Registry and system settings. Game Booster is 100% freeware, without any virus, adware, and spyware.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Operating Systems Supported:

Microsoft® Windows® 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/ Home Basic/Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate
Microsoft® Windows® Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Business /Ultimate
Microsoft® Windows® XP (32-bit and 64-bit) with SP2/SP3 or Home/Professional/Media Center
Microsoft® Windows® 2000 (32-bit and 64-bit)

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Must say - I thought this was going to be just another "RAM Optimizer" that just steals memory from other applications then releases it, but I was impressed to see this actually do something positively beneficiary to the system - stop un-needed components and defrag core game files.

Great Find :)

What I like to do is to right click on all my game shortcuts then go to properties, compatibility tab. I set them to disable desktop composition, which essentially stops the Aero interface while the game is opened and running. This adds a little more available room in the graphics card memory and perhaps speeds things up slightly.

I use something similar to the above called AMD Fusion:

It doesn't look much but using the 'Game' profile I can set the CPU to run at 3.4GHz (whilst still idling at 800MHz in those quiet moments, which is something I can't do if I overclock via the bios), all the usual background apps are shutdown and the graphics card can be overclocked (GPU only) too. The only kicker is that it's AMD friendly and won't work on Intel systems..

Last edited:
Mitchell said:
Must say - I thought this was going to be just another "RAM Optimizer" that just steals memory from other applications then releases it, but I was impressed to see this actually do something positively beneficiary to the system - stop un-needed components and defrag core game files.

Great Find :)

Thanks.

The idea of Game Booster is that it temporarily (as opposed to tweaking something permanently) closes processes and services (whose list you can edit). When you need those processes back, you can restart them with a single click.

As for its effectiveness, when I was testing it would give me 3 extra FPS after shutting down 26 processes (going from 74 to 48).

So this app is not at all a revolution but yet another tweaking method, to free up resources only for a needed period of time.

TorrentG said:
What I like to do is to right click on all my game shortcuts then go to properties, compatibility tab. I set them to disable desktop composition, which essentially stops the Aero interface while the game is opened and running. This adds a little more available room in the graphics card memory and perhaps speeds things up slightly.

Good tip. I also use this one.

kemical said:
I use something similar to the above called AMD Fusion. It doesn't look much but using the 'Game' profile I can set the CPU to run at 3.4GHz (whilst still idling at 800MHz in those quiet moments, which is something I can't do if I overclock via the bios), all the usual background apps are shutdown and the graphics card can be overclocked (GPU only) too. The only kicker is that it's AMD friendly and won't work on Intel systems.

Good tip as well. Petty that not compatible with Intel. When the summer heat is over, I'll try ASUS AI Booster along with the voltage tweak in my video card. Expect 5 extra FPS with the moderate overclocking my Zalman can handle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you Guys for sharing and please feel free to update this thread.

Good tip as well. Petty that not compatible with Intel

There was a modded version for Intel CPUs, i've used at the start of this year...

it's also worth stating that the worse your PC is the more potential for gain you'll get using this app, as once ya get past a point the results drop to 3-5% increase if any at all.

Last edited:
Version 2 beta is now live - it features many changes including driver update notifications, "game essential downloads" and more - check it out!

Only 1 click, turn slow PC into a fast gaming box

Designed to help optimize your PC for smoother, more responsive game play in the latest PC games with the touch of a button, Game Booster helps achieve the performance edge previously only available to highly technical enthusiasts.

It works by updating hardware drivers, downloading essential gaming tools, tweaking system settings for gaming, defragmenting game directories, temporarily shutting down background processes, cleaning RAM, and intensifying processor performance.

Thanks.

The idea of Game Booster is that it temporarily (as opposed to tweaking something permanently) closes processes and services (whose list you can edit). When you need those processes back, you can restart them with a single click.

As for its effectiveness, when I was testing it would give me 3 extra FPS after shutting down 26 processes (going from 74 to 48).

So this app is not at all a revolution but yet another tweaking method, to free up resources only for a needed period of time.

Good tip. I also use this one.

Good tip as well. Petty that not compatible with Intel. When the summer heat is over, I'll try ASUS AI Booster along with the voltage tweak in my video card. Expect 5 extra FPS with the moderate overclocking my Zalman can handle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you Guys for sharing and please feel free to update this thread.

There was a tweak to make Fusion work with Intel, tried it myself but long since stopped using it... once you've got a i7 inside you have little need for such apps.

On some program is creates your efficiency more intense.

Running an additional program while you activity is not the way to fix your activity playing concerns. Going through your program and eliminating needless products is. Defrag regularly, keep your pc totally without any malware, malware, trojan's, and what ever altering viruses is out there is going to help a lot. windowskey+R msconfig and eliminating begin up solutions, etc is going to help, too. Run CCleaner after all that and you're a lot nearer to optimum efficiency. If you have accessibility excellent air conditioning, then you can try to overclock as well.

Think about it, you have a certain potential when it comes to RAM and CPU regularity. Including another program is not going to improve that potential, all its going to do is eliminate elements that hopefully all together will add up to a bigger burden

The program which is included in this tread does a lot of CPU/RAM usage optimization for you automatically, by stopping un-needed processes, services and visual effects. The program itself has a minimal (literally only a few MB) impact on system performance. For most people the difference is insignificant, but for people running entry-level gaming PC's, it can make a considerable difference. On my old PC, I was able to achieve 10-15 FPS increases in many games.

Back