Windows 7 running multiple anti-malware programs like spyhunter4, 360 total security, and tweakbit pc suite 9

flirtygirllaurie

I don't know if these programs cancel each other out or what. But I have used the different ones to get rid of different issues the other two didn't seem to catch. Can anyone tell me if this is going to cause more havoc than it's worth?

welcome to windowsforum, flirtygirllaurie
"tweakbit-pc-suite-9" seems to be pc maintenance
"360-total-security" is anti-virus
"spyhunter4" seems to be anti-malware​

each of the above has different protocol. 360-total-security, however, probably will cause windows-defender to disengage … if 360-ts is anti-virus as it seems to be. rule of thumb dictates two anti-virus tend to conflict with each other and can crash a computer. windows-defender will disable itself … unless 360-ts is not currently enabled. at least that is what i understand.

of those you have listed, flirtygirllaurie … everything you currently have seems fine. remember to periodically use windows disk-cleanup. also, you might consider creating a new system restore-point whenever you install/uninstall a new program. usually, a person keeps at least three restore-points in the queue … in case one becomes corrupted, or unless you have malware infection and wish to return to a much earlier restore point. keep in mind … these restore-points inhabit precious real-estate on the hard-drive.

remember to back up personal files … religiously update the required reference files for spyhunter4 / 360-ts … and anything else that jumps out at you. might consider anti-ransomware and anti-rootkit … if 360-ts does not offer these in your subscription. when doing windows-update … might be necessary to disengage the anti-virus … depends on scenario and discrepancies.

others will drop by and offer additional pointers, flirtygirllaurie … enjoy your week.

Last edited:
I THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE TO DIS SOMETHING, JUST AS I HAD TO DISABLE THE FIREWALL TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL SPYHUNTER. BUT I REINSTATED IT RIGHT AWAY. DO YOU HAVE A FREE VERSION OF THE OTHER SOFTWARE YOU SUGGESTED IN MIND? unfortunately, WITH PLANNING A WEDDING...COMES DEBT. TOO MUCH OF IT IF YOU ASK ME. LOL. ANY ADVICE IS DEFINATELY APPRECIATED. I ALREADY HAVE CREATED THE RESTORE POINT, AND HAVE AUTO BACK UP THROUGH VERIZON. SO I THINK I SHOULD BE GOOD THERE. again, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!
P.S. FORGIVE THE CAPS. MY KEYBOARD TENDS TO STICK IN THAT MODE. IT'S WIRELESS, AND CANTANKEROUS.

some antivirus sofware (like Avast) allows you to temp disable the firewalls in order to run another antivirus program but in general its a bad idea to have more than one installed "at the same time"... If you want to try another one then uninstall what is currently running first, is my advice

Back
Top Bottom