Windows 8 Running some installers require .NET Framework 3.5 but fail to install.

BlockBlazerMC

I recently had to wipe one of my hard drives and reinstall windows 8. However, when I try to run certain installers, the following message occurs:
1532684811082.png

Skipping this still results in nothing happening, and when I select the download option, the following message occurs.
1532684881013.png

I tried to follow the instructions here even though it is for windows 10, but failed to work as well. The following message occurs:
1532685048026.png

The funny thing is my dad's laptop has this exact issue, despite clearly having .NET Framework 3.5 listed in his Program and Features.

Can anyone help me?
Thanks!

You'll find it in "Turn Windows Features on or off" - Top left of Programs and features window.

Untitled.png

Depending upon how the installer "detects" DotNet 3.5 you may need to run procmon and examine how the installer is determining it's installed and potentially fake it so it installs.

Can you name any particular installer? The message you get (in your original post) seems to indicate that they could be out of date installers finding the wrong path.

Depending upon how the installer "detects" DotNet 3.5 you may need to run procmon and examine how the installer is determining it's installed and potentially fake it so it installs.
None of the installers are "fake" as I got them from official sources.
Can you name any particular installer? The message you get (in your original post) seems to indicate that they could be out of date installers finding the wrong path.
The specific installers I am trying to run are "dotNetFx35setup" and "vcredist_x86" from the official websites. The "windows installer" pops up to prepare the installation, but nothing opens after it closes.

I'm not saying they are fake I'm saying the way they detect dot net may not exist in Windows 10 so you have to fake them out so they will install.

I'm not saying they are fake I'm saying the way they detect dot net may not exist in Windows 10 so you have to fake them out so they will install.
Oh, my bad, Although I am running windows 8.1 right now. I hope I'm understanding you correctly. Could you walk me through on how to trick my system into installing them by chance?

It's not something really easy to explain. May be easier to upload the installer somewhere and I can run through it.

Back
Top Bottom