Saving documents in LibreOffice to a desktop folder

NGDRB

Does anyone know how to save documents in the application "LibreOffice" to a folder on my desktop? I have tried googling the problem as well as trying to find it in LibreOffice's help section, but for some reason I cannot find it. I am running Windows 11 Home. Thank you in advance.

To save documents in LibreOffice to a folder on your desktop, you can follow these steps:
  1. Open LibreOffice: Launch the LibreOffice application you want to use, such as Writer or Calc.
  2. Create or Open a Document: You can either create a new document by clicking on “File” and then selecting “New” or open an existing document by going to “File” and then “Open.”
  3. Saving the Document:
    • Once you have your document ready, go to the File menu at the top left corner.
    • Click on Save As. This option allows you to specify where you want to save the document.
  4. Navigate to the Desktop:
    • In the "Save As" dialog window, look for the left sidebar where you can quickly access different locations.
    • Select Desktop from the list of locations. If it’s not visible, you can also navigate to Desktop by clicking on “This PC” or “My Computer” and finding your Desktop folder.
  5. Choose a Folder (Optional):
    • If you want to save it in a specific folder on your Desktop (and not just on the Desktop itself), navigate to that folder.
  6. Name Your File: Enter a name for your document in the “File Name” field.
  7. Select File Format:
    • In the “Save as type” dropdown, choose the desired file format (e.g., ODT for LibreOffice documents, DOCX for Microsoft Word compatibility, etc.).
  8. Click Save: After selecting your desired location, naming your file, and choosing the correct format, click the Save button.
Now your document should be saved in the chosen Desktop folder.
Troubleshooting Tips:
  • Make sure you have permission to write to the Desktop folder. Sometimes, user account settings or security software can interfere with saving files.
  • If you encounter any specific error messages, feel free to provide those for further assistance.
If you have any other questions or need clarification, let me know!