Gleis

After I turn on my laptop and log in the screen starts flickering and after some seconds it turns black with some green lines etc...
After restarting my laptop everything is back to normal.
I've tried uninstalling the graphics driver and reinstalling, updating every other driver via 3rd party software, Nvidia drivers are the latest...

Any idea why this is being caused?

I have read about apps that cause this problem but how do I? find out which app may be causing it, or maybe the BIOS ?

@Gleis Thanks for posting about what you encountered, I personally appreciate your effort. Then, the approach to this is two ways. This is what I mean; Tech can be deceiving in that they might showcase an issue now but when you take them to an engineer, they makes you feel like you're lying because it might not repeat itself and you might not be able to replicate the issue. But that doesn't mean you were lying to the engineer, does it?
Same can be the case here, in fact a PC screen might show such sign which can be due to hardware malfunction of damage yet spend months before finally packing off. Now that is the hardware issue. I hope you understood my explanation. Simply put, it might be that the screen is giving you signs of tiredness or fault that has not completely surfaced.

Second, it might be software aspect. All you might need to do is roll it back (system restore) to the day before incident. Then wait and see if it occurs again then you know if you should tackle the hardware aspect.

I hope this helps. Thanks for taking time to read through 🙂

Thank you Ajobs!
I will try to connect my laptop with another monitor to see if it's a hardware fault.

Downgraded to Windows 10 and everything is back to normal! I knew it wasn't a hardware fault...

After I turn on my laptop and log in the screen starts flickering and after some seconds it turns black with some green lines etc...
After restarting my laptop everything is back to normal.
I've tried uninstalling the graphics driver and reinstalling, updating every other driver via 3rd party software, Nvidia drivers are the latest...

Any idea why this is being caused?

I have read about apps that cause this problem but how do I? find out which app may be causing it, or maybe the BIOS ?
This is Graphic Driver issue. Download driver from manufacturer website and install after restarting your problem hopefully your problem will be solved.

Screen flickering in Windows 11 is usually caused by a display driver issue or incompatible app. Then, based on that information, you'll need to update, rollback, or uninstall your display driver or update or uninstall the app.

yeah, it might be caused due to outdated drivers, hardware problems, software conflicts, third-party software, or BIOS problem...

If none of these steps resolves the issue, it may be a hardware problem and you may need to seek technical assistance or repair.

Back
Top Bottom