Windows 10 search indexer high CPU usage.

roskee

About six months ago i updated my windows 10 to 1803. but after that, when ever i type two or more words on windows search the indexer takes all the cpu that even the music will stop playing until i stop typing. what is the problem causing this?

Just out of curiosity:
what is your computer configuration? what CPU model, how much RAM?

I have noticed that even on one of my laptops that only has 2GB RAM and AMD Turion64x2 processor happens that and it's Windows 10 Home.

Windows 10 64 bit uses more resources.

Last edited:
i have HP Probook 640 G1 with intel core i5 cpu and 8 GB ram. i have windows 10 Enterprise. And to make it clearer the indexer goes to 100% cpu usage only when i type words in the search bar.

If you search on this forum you will see how many people complain that their computers don't work well anymore after Windows updates.

Are there any yellow triangles with exclamation sign in Device Manager?

There is one more thing that I forgot to ask you.
Please type something again in the search box so that the CPU will get used 100% again, look what time it is and then open Event Viewer and look at all the warnings and errors issued around that time when you typed in the search box. So, let's say it is 9:30 when you type in the search box. Look for all the warnings and errors issued in the Even Viewer between 9:30-9:35. Please let me know what are the warnings and errors, they usually have a code.

Back