Windows 7 Security Suites for windows 7

confused

Over the past six months I"ve had a chance to try most all the company security suites. Here's my opinion. ON a windows 7 duo core machine with 2 gb of memory:

Norton 2010: Excellent graphics with the 3d doesn't take up any memory doing scans installs real fast. An excellent program.
MacAfee2010 beta: Yuck, For as large a company what a drain on memory. Installed in 64k took about an hour to load. The scanner is sloooow. I don't know why people like this suite.
Trend micro 2010: Very nice: No change in looks though. Is this 2009 or 2010. Oh well another year of the same thing. Fast scanner and easy install no memory usage. If you liked 2009 you'll love 2010.

Kaspersky 2010. Wow look at all the visuals. Looks like I"m working as a flight controller. Installs easy. Kind of a drag on memory usage. Not bad but look at the price whew. Trend and norton use less memory.

zone alarm: No idea but no thanks remember them from years back. Do you want this file in do you want that file in oops some of your files are supposed to be in but arent' need new os.

AVG: yuck to much memory usage
Avire something or other yuck to much memory usage

My vote: Norton or trend

Norton 2010 if you like the 3D affect
Trend 2010 if you like a firewall that you can pretty much ignore:)

Any update in your opinion of Windows 7 and Kaspersky in 2010? I am about to install W7 and some type of security software on a new disk drive. Looking for suggestions on what the security software should be.

ceb39

[email protected]

I'm using just the Windows 7 firewall and MSSE and have no problems. Add a bit of common sense and regular housekeeping I see no need for anything else.

I do not like suites, I prefer a good AV Like Kaspersky, or MSE combined with other programs such as Malware Bytes, Super Anti spy ware Spyware Blaster and various other programs. If you are using a Suite you are putting all your protection in one basket, no one suite can prevent everything. By combining various programs you in my opinion put up a better wall of defense.

AV, firewall and internet security software all carry strong opinions about them from most users. It's like debating how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. It goes on "ad infinitum; ad nauseum".

An excellent source for ratings of AV programs is: AV-Comparatives - Independent Tests of Anti-Virus Software - Welcome to AV-Comparatives.org Very impartial and their reports are quite good.

I for one like G DATA Internet Security. It's top-rated and only $29 for a year subscription.

With that said... I leave the discussion to y'all.

Back