Windows 7 Select websites won't load using variety of browsers

CS1234

Select websites won't load using variety of browsers

Operating System: Windows 7
Browsers: Firefox and Chrome
Laptop.

Issue: A handfull of websites that I like to access, will not load on a regular basis with either browser. There is no page error. The header does load, not the rest of page content. These sites used to load on this laptop. Im concerned perhaps I changed too many privacy settings? Otherwise I have no idea.

Thank you for your input or help.

Update: now receive an error message:
Page isn't working. didn't send any data. ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Thank you.

SOLVED:

Avast Antivirus:

> Components > Webshield > Customize > Exclusions > URLS to exclude >>> entered the name of the website here, hit OK.

[QUOTE="CS1234, post: 686100, member: 98385" …Issue: A handfull of websites that I like to access, will not load on a regular basis with either browser. There is no page error. The header does load, not the rest of page content. These sites used to load on this laptop. Im concerned perhaps I changed too many privacy settings? Otherwise I have no idea …" [/QUOTE]

ummm … CS1234, why would avast discriminate against those websites? according to you, it's not just one or two … it's a handful of websites … websites that you have been frequenting in the past. is there something nefarious inside each of those websites? or did you, at one time, deliberately enforce avast to keep you from going to those websites?

how long have you been using avast? and when did these symptoms appear? immediately after you utilized avast for the first time? is avast the only security you have on your laptop? you might consider malwarebytes or some other malware sniffer as additional sentries (not as replacement). make sure the one you choose is reputable … check forums and digest what people say. how often do you update avast? do you employ ad-blockers/ whitelisters when accessing your chosen consortium of websites you frequent? abp and ghostery are popular choices. personally, i have recently unleashed a program called "rogue-killer" … which caught things malwarebytes passed right over.

my concern, CS1234, emanates from you circumventing a localized sentry on your computer … the one and only wall between bad things entering your strong-hold. and, now, you thwart avast from that which it was specifically designed to perform.

in closing … if you try any of the suggested programs … make sure you scan the downloads before initiating them.

happy webbing, sport.

2 other things to consider would be: (1.) Do any or all of these websites work on a different Windows PC? Yes or No? and (2.) Would you be willing to provide us the list of websites at hand? It's pretty easy for us to search each of them for you using special websites and reputation tools. And for those running Norton SafeSearch or McAfee SafeSearch, that takes only minutes. Avast doesn't really have a tool for free that can do this. You have to run a paid version in order to get similar tool. By the way, if you are unwilling to post back at least a few of the sites you are having difficulty with, then you have some sort of different agenda in mind and that's not going to help anyone.

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Back
Top Bottom