Windows 7 Several issues with internet

nightnoctun

Okay, so I'm new to this forum.

Anyway, I'm having several problems with my internet. This all started happening when I got Windows 7 installed. Whenever I try to download anything with any browser, it stops randomly and fails, or finishes only part of it. For example on Firefox, it says the "source file could not be read, etc". Also, I noticed when watching Youtube videos, it will show the bar full, as if it was fully loaded but instead it stops at a part, like it hasn't loaded all the way. Finally, during games I will randomly disconnect which is annoying. If anyone can give me a straight answer or help, I will greatly appreciate it.

I'm not very good at understanding things about networks, routers, etc so if you can simplify it as much as possible for me to understand, thanks!

Hi and welcome to the forum... Cool nic by the way!

Are you running any security apps at all? If not, try MSE or Microsoft Security Essentials as it aced the tests and is totally free.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

I just wonder if you've picked up something nasty like a bug of some sort?

Last edited:
First be sure "Flow Control" is enabled in your network adaptors.

Next hit the WinKey + R (run) and type in "regedit"
Path through regedit to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanServer\Parameters

In the right panel you will find a parameter named "Size"
If it's not there create it as a DWORD.

Set it's value to 3.

No promises... but this solved most of it for me.

Also make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash installed. Anything running on flash is inherrently unreliable, YouTube and others mess up on me all the time and I've never found a solution for it.

Okay so I was able to download a 286MB file without any issues. I don't know why that happened. As for my internet, it will still disconnect on me.

Clear your Adobe Flash cache using my link. Or even better, use Firefox and install the BetterPrivacy plugin and configure it to do so with each browser close.

AdobeClearFlash

This will get rid of nasty tracking "super" cookies that never expire.

Install the latest Flash version and video card driver too.

Also update your network adapter driver. If you don't know how, then type msinfo32 in the start menu and hit enter. File | save on the opened screen. Zip the saved file and attach the zip to a post using the paperclip above where you type, in advanced mode reply.

Hi and welcome to the forum... Cool nic by the way!

Are you running any security apps at all? If not, try MSE or Microsoft Security Essentials as it aced the tests and is totally free.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

I just wonder if you've picked up something nasty like a bug of some sort?

I am using McAfee Security Scan and avast, I know that avast does not cause any problem.

I am using McAfee Security Scan and avast, I know that avast does not cause any problem.

How do you know that?

You'd probably be best off uninstalling both as a necessary test. Even if it doesn't fix the issue, it would be very helpful for others and myself to know these have no chance of playing any sort of negative roll.

Follow this and my previous post's advice in the posted order and please let us know results so we can celebrate lol or take things from there.

Well, both of your network drivers are fairly newer and shouldn't be causing any problems.

You can see if this Intel page can find a newer wifi network driver to install. Let it scan. If not, then don't worry about it since the currently installed one is from June of this year which is great.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx?iid=gg_support-EN_01+home_downloadctr

--------

The video driver is brand new and well.

--------

You'll want to install this Realtek HD Audio driver. The one you have is the basic driver installed with Windows RTM from early last year. This link has a brand new driver to install:

Realtek

-------

I think I see your issue. It is the Bonjour service. You'll want to remove that from the machine. Please follow the procedure found here. Since you are running 64 bit Windows, every time "Program Files" is mentioned, you will have to mentally substitute that to mean "Program Files (x86)" instead...especially when typing in the command prompt how it says...

Please let me know if you need further help.

---

In step one, use this path in the command prompt instead of the one shown. You can actually copy/paste this to the command prompt then hit enter:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe” -remove

---
How To Uninstall or Remove Bonjour mDNSResponder.exe | Raymond.CC Blog

Last edited:
Perhaps because it was in bold, it threw the error. Try copying/pasting this to the elevated command prompt, then press enter:

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe” -remove

Ah yeah. I removed Bonjour on a x64 machine just the other day. Now I remember...I think it has to be all lowercase letters possibly - give this one a try:

Code:
"c:\program files (x86)\bonjour\mdnsresponder.exe” -remove

Sadly, nothing changed. I still get disconnected randomly. If there's any other options you can offer, I can try them and hopefully it'll work.

Back