Windows 8 Share folders with everyone connected to my network (android, macs, windows) and share folders with

PTBKoo

Share folders with everyone connected to my network (android, macs, windows) and share certain folders with people who only know the password.

What would be the best way of doing this in windows 8?

Hello PTBKoo,
2a99y0o.jpg
to Windows 8 Forums,

Easiest way that I can think of, would be to use "Skydrive"

https://apps.live.com/skydrive

How-to guide: Sharing files with SkyDrive

Hope this helps

Don

I'm trying to share my files over my local network, not in the "cloud". The solution doesn't have to be easy, I dont mind if its complex :)

Thanks

The simplest way (imo) is with the use of homegroups. You can also put items you wish to share in the Public folder. As with many aspects of Windows 8, security has been locked down a little more, but the process is the same as it was in Windows 7. Rather than create a long post here, I would think you would get all you need from this 100% tutorial here: Windows 8 File Sharing: Share Users & System Folders On Network It is the page I used when I first set up my home lan.

This probably will work with Win 8 and Win 7 PC's but not with Android and Mac PC's. I am unsure if there is a way at this point for these other 2 OS's.

Back