Sharepoint (Mycompanyweb) asking credentials repeatedly

Faber

Hi,

We have a server at our office which is running Windows small business server 2011 standard 64 bits. This is our exchange server, we just recently decided to start using sharepoint. (we recently had a backup pronlem on server which was solved by doing some updates on sharepoint and other) We figured that now that it was up to date we might has well use it.

Now the problem is each time we try to reach the website through our web browser (ie, chrome ...) we get a authentication window that asks us for credentials.The thing is if we enter the credentials we'll get asked 7-8 times in a row before i can get to the website.I've browsed several website and tried a couple of things myself but couldnt really find a solution. I've worked with windows server before and i can most of the time find my way around most problems, but not being a iis/sharepoint expert i cant really say where the error comes from.

Ive tried basic solution found online for this problem.- Site is in the intranet zone, or listed as a trusted site in the browser security settings.
- Site custom settings are set : "User Authentication" Automatic Logon only in Intranet Zone
-Checked site configuration. Tried changing authentication method (made no difference, asked 10 times for credentials)
-Cleared all internet history, cache, passwords. Used different computers to check.Ran ie in no add-ons mode
- Turned off Integrated Windows Authentication in Internet Explorer
- In site authentication settings tested clearing the ''Enable Kernel Mode Authentication''
- The ''disableloopbackcheck'' in regedit is set to 1 so this should be disabled and not causing problems

Here is a list of the os/hardware/software/configs we're using.
Windows small business server 2011 standard 64 bits
Sharepoint 2010

Asp.net / IIS companyweb settings :
Asp. net

.net authorization rules : allow all usersNet globalization : invariant language, enable client = falseNet roles : error ( there was an error while performing this operation. Details : a network related instance specific error occured while establishing a connection to sql server. The server was not found or not accesible. Verify instance name is correct and sql server configured to allow remote connexions
.net users : error ( there was an error while performing this operation. Details : a network related instance specific error occured while establishing a connection to sql server. The server was not found or not accesible. Verify instance name is correct and sql server configured to allow remote connexions
Application setting : aspnet:usestrictparserregex true local
Connexion string : local sql datasource=.\sqlexpress;intwgrated security inherited
IIS
Authentication : -windows enabled, extended protection off, enable kernel-mode authentication off.
- asp .net enabled, authenticated user
Authorizing rules : allow all users
Directory browsing: disable
Ssl setting : ignore

Now any help would be appreciated. Like I said earlier we are normally able to find the answers ourselves but it's a first with Sharepoint and we don really know how it is built, any ideas/solutions will be helpful. I'll put a couple pictures of the config, maybe someone will be able to spot where we did something wrong. Thanks in advance.

Pics : http://s157.photobucket.com/user/patricebouthillette/library/

Back
Top Bottom