Windows Vista Shoot To Kill-Up And Coming NVIDIA

Hi Fatboy, if you click the fudzilla link I posted you'll see the link for the demo near the bottom of the article. As I said to superbill you do have to sign up to the web site first but I think the demo's worth it... I wondered if you'd be interested..Let us know what you think..

Hi Celestra, what do you mean your computer is not 'in control'?

Hi Celestra, what do you mean your computer is not 'in control'?
:) Try the game and see what you think....It's a newer game but I think I would have gotten more out of the experience with a joystick!!! Maybe they should bring it back....

Hmm....When I click on the link the page says that one of their employees has messed the page up.. Should there be a game to download?

Hmm....When I click on the link the page says that one of their employees has messed the page up.. Should there be a game to download?
Hi!! Yes, it should give you the download. I thought the message was funny, that's their sense of humor. It's a bad attitude joke. Wild Tangent is used by HP, you can access the download directly through their site if necessary. Fatboy, I know what you mean, I no don't want dial-up either. (I've wanted to move and didn't want the trouble of installation at this address)

Ok, I found the game and played it.....Whats the problem?
I think they're wrong especially with this sort of game not to let the player have the sensation of ability. A Joy Stick would give the illusion that one could round the corners and speed ups would be more natural. I didn't feel I was in control, it ruined the game for me. They should challenge ability with obstacles. (Remember how they ruined Packman) P.S.-- They just had some important news, a converter box is available to turn JPEG into DNG images. Will be mandatory- see Adobe Website. Saying a prayer for all those people dead in China !!!

I thought as games go it was ok for it's download size.....As for joysticks... The gaming world has thankfully moved on far beyond 'joysticks and paddles' . In my opinion the use of a keyboard and mouse as a gaming tool is far,far superior.. Shots are more accurate and the keyboard (as well as multi-button mice) can be programmed to achieve many different functions within a game so now the levels of sophistication is quite un-thought of even for a few years ago..

Just my 2 cents..

I thought as games go it was ok for it's download size.....As for joysticks... The gaming world has thankfully moved on far beyond 'joysticks and paddles' . In my opinion the use of a keyboard and mouse as a gaming tool is far,far superior.. Shots are more accurate and the keyboard (as well as multi-button mice) can be programmed to achieve many different functions within a game so now the levels of sophistication is quite un-thought of even for a few years ago..

Just my 2 cents..
:rolleyes: Sophistication?? Maybe for a machine. You've lost all sensation. I'd rather they pictured real snowy courses and tall Evergreens, even real outside sounds. Cartoons are stupid. How do we duplicate the sense of feel without an electrode to the brain ? I hope you'll be very happy with your buttons......

:rolleyes: Sophistication?? Maybe for a machine. You've lost all sensation. I'd rather they pictured real snowy courses and tall Evergreens, even real outside sounds. Cartoons are stupid. How do we duplicate the sense of feel without an electrode to the brain ? I hope you'll be very happy with your buttons......

Perhaps if you'd played games on a machine that is actually set up for gaming you would have an idea of what I'm trying to say.. Then again what do we look for when we play a game? For many it's the chance to play some sort of character in an epic struggle or try something that in 'real-life' would never get the chance.. Obviously some games are better at presenting this idealised scenario than others and one can see why budgets for games are now in the order of 30-40 million.. Then again it doesn't matter how much money is thrown at a project if the player cannot visualise the concept or grasp the intention. Perhaps it's probably better if that person just didn't bother playing games at all as disappointment would always be a constant factor.. For some, just playing 'Bejeweled' will seem exciting and out of this world, for others it needs to be games like Crysis, where player immersion is almost total. For me.... Just being able to play the game, whatever the game, is good enough. :cool:

I have a wireless keyboard and wireless optical mouse besides my regular keyboard with and expansion base with stereo sound. What kind of mouse do you use??? I'll see if I can try it out.... As for me, I fancy something a kin to Star Trek. We've already developed the bionic eye, people are regaining sight. How much better these things later on.... (I just got Norton 2008 download- in 3 months I'll have to pay. This one's nicer, they plan to tune my computer on a regular basis. They think I'll be very happy with the results. They think I'll want to send flowers because the price is going down).

As far as racing games go I can't drive with a keyboard I have to use My Logitech MoMo Racing wheel with force feedback it is very realistic. If you get a flat tire the wheel pulls to on side just like the real thing. If someone hits your car you can feel the jolt or if you abuse the car it will reflect it.
But when it comes to anything else Crysis, halo or whatever a good gaming KB and mouse is hard to beat. :D

Juat my 2 cents

Back
Top Bottom