Windows 10 Shortcut Keys not working

Merrickman2003

I got a macro keypad, been trying to set it up but for whatever reason, all the shortcuts i set up in the shortcut property window just dont work, and by that i mean I make a shortcut to the exe and open up properties. The shortcuts are preset as CTR+ALT+[num], and for whatever reason any shortcut that uses CTRL+ALT just doesn't work. I've tried with CTRL+SHIFT+[num] and it works no problem, and I don't think I can change this keyboard's imput. Here's what the properties look like, i would have inserted the image but that didnt work with the forum.

Ctrl + Alt + Number should work when the shortcut is placed in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\

Adding shortcuts and folders to this directory will add these to your All Apps list. It won't pin tiles to the Start menu. If you have many shortcuts, create a new Shortcuts directory under Programs, and only a single folder will appear in the All Apps list.

Ctrl + Alt + Number should work when the shortcut is placed in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\

Adding shortcuts and folders to this directory will add these to your All Apps list. It won't pin tiles to the Start menu. If you have many shortcuts, create a new Shortcuts directory under Programs, and only a single folder will appear in the All Apps list.
Yeah looks like windows did something weird, those shortcuts work now and now i figured out why nothing worked on the keypad. Turns out when you press a number key in the shortcut thing it automatically adds CTRL+ALT to it, so i assumed that was the output. The numpad just outputs numbers so thats why the shortcuts didnt work lol

Back
Top Bottom