Windows 7 Sid Meir's Railroads!

Jancsika

Motherboard: Asus P5Q SE
Processor: Intel Q6600 (2.4 GHz)
Ram: 4.00 GB (3.25 usable) Patriot PDC24G6400LLQK
Operating system: Windows 7 32-bit, Build 7100
Video: XFX GeForce 8800 GT, 512 mb

The game: Sid Meier's Railroads! Released by 2K in October 2006. (no help there!)
It worked with Vista when the compatibility was set to XP Service Pack #2., there was always some CTD (Crash To Desktop) problem, but not severe.

It loads and works with Windows 7, (XP Service Pack #2 compatibility), except the crashes are more frequent. It occurs mostly when over-scrolling with the mouse, but also when clicking on the dialog boxes or sometimes just doing nothing.
If I reload a saved game it will crash at the same point where it crashed before, even when I do nothing.

Couple weeks ago I installed the Virtual XP machine software. Thought, that it is a great idea! Set the usable memory to 2 GB. The game needs only 512 MB to run.
When I started to install the game, it gave an error message,that the computer does not meet the minimum requirement and stopped installing.

I got rather disgusted and removed the Virtual Machine. Now that I have calmed down, I wonder if there could be something else that I can do.
Any suggestions? Please.
Jancsika

Back