Side by Side Configuration, HELP!!!!!

Hello, im new to this whole forum thing & im no computer whiz so please try to write instructions in layman's terms :nerdie:
---- I play a game called IMVU, today when i tried to open it up in got the error message that the side-by-side config. was incorrect. I have no idea was a sxstrace.exe tool is, but i did check the Event Log. Here is a snapshot of the information i received . . . . http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc448/ElegantBlunt/Capture-1.png. If you need more information please let me know. I appreciate your help!

Attachments

Come on now i have 45 views & no replies. Help someone !

davehc

Essential Member
Premium Supporter
I think a possible reason for the lack of response is that the error appears to be specific to the game, and not a windows error. Windows 7 is merely reporting it. I am not familiar with the game, but from the error produced it seem like a corrupted file in the user section. I would say that a reinstall of the game would sort it.

Last edited:
I tried re-installing the game several times . . . still the same error ):

davehc

Essential Member
Premium Supporter
Just had a browse. Try and disable your antivirus (particularly if it is AVG) and restart and try again.

davehc

Essential Member
Premium Supporter
Looks like good advice. They also suggest the Antivirus problem. Have you tried disabling MSE temporarily, to see if that is enough? Otherwise, if you have it, go for the C uninstall suggestion.

I tried everything you said, but in the end adding more C++ Redistributales fixed the problem! Thanx for all your help!!

kaos

im glad you managed to get it sorted.

We hope you stay on the forums and continue to use the site

Thank you :)

Gls

I had same problem with Nero 9 after I had to do a restore. I reinstalled Windows Visual c++ 2005,2008,and 2010 then Windows updated them. Nero 9 works fine now. Hope this helps?

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.