Windows 7 Side by Side Configuration, HELP!!!!!

ElegantBlunt

Hello, im new to this whole forum thing & im no computer whiz so please try to write instructions in layman's terms :nerdie:
---- I play a game called IMVU, today when i tried to open it up in got the error message that the side-by-side config. was incorrect. I have no idea was a sxstrace.exe tool is, but i did check the Event Log. Here is a snapshot of the information i received . . . . Link Removed due to 404 Error. If you need more information please let me know. I appreciate your help!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    30.8 KB · Views: 454
I think a possible reason for the lack of response is that the error appears to be specific to the game, and not a windows error. Windows 7 is merely reporting it. I am not familiar with the game, but from the error produced it seem like a corrupted file in the user section. I would say that a reinstall of the game would sort it.

Last edited:
Just had a browse. Try and disable your antivirus (particularly if it is AVG) and restart and try again.

Looks like good advice. They also suggest the Antivirus problem. Have you tried disabling MSE temporarily, to see if that is enough? Otherwise, if you have it, go for the C uninstall suggestion.

I tried everything you said, but in the end adding more C++ Redistributales fixed the problem! Thanx for all your help!!

im glad you managed to get it sorted.

We hope you stay on the forums and continue to use the site

Thank you :)

I had same problem with Nero 9 after I had to do a restore. I reinstalled Windows Visual c++ 2005,2008,and 2010 then Windows updated them. Nero 9 works fine now. Hope this helps?

Back