Silicon Image 3114 SATA RAID

So, Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe with Silicon Image 3114 SATA Raid on motherboard...

Got everything up and running on Windows 10 x32 (x64 won't load, I think it does see enough RAM) thanks to Neemobeer.

In order to boot into Windows I must configure something on the SI RAID controller. If I don't assign any of the drives to a RAID array the boot hangs at the PCI device listing page. Assign the drives to an array and poof we are in Windows.

So I go into the SI configuration tool during boot and try to create an array. No matter what I try to create the array size maxes out at 1468 GB. RAID 5 with four 2GB disks = 1468 GB, RAID 0 with 2 disks = 1468 GB. Doesn't matter, even RAID 1 is the same.

I can't use the Windows RAID builder because if I don't assign the drives then the PC won't finish booting.

Anyone ever encounter something like this?

kemical,
Yea, I wish I could do that:) Reality is the chip is embedded on the motherboard. The only way to update the SI 3114 would be a BIOS update. There aren't any and Asus stopped any development on this board years ago.

However, I was able to set each drive as a single JBOD and override the default size to get to a 2TB drive size. Then I used Storage Space to create a RAID 5 array. I am happy I got this to work and I have just started on the task of copying 350+ DVDs to the server.

I have to say this is probably the best help board I have ever encountered. Quick responses. Good ideas and suggestions. I have bookmarked this site and I will try to return here to give a little back.

Thanks for the update Kurt, I did wonder if it was embedded (I should have checked really) but in any case it sounds like you've at least found a solution your happy with..

Much thanks for the kind words re the forum... :)

I have to say this is probably the best help board I have ever encountered. Quick responses. Good ideas and suggestions. I have bookmarked this site and I will try to return here to give a little back.
That's great to hear. @kemical has been here a long time and though I'm a new member here, I agree with you 100% about the forum.
It's a great place to get answers and everyone is very friendly here. I haven't seen any of the big Ego's you see on most help forums.
Hope to see you often!

Back