Windows 10 Since upgrading to Windows 10 Wifi speed has been VERY slow.

Jonny3456

Hello,
I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 .
I searched for a update for my adapter's driver but I couldn't find one, and neither could Windows. My adapter is a 150Mbps Wireless 802.11n PCI Adapter. I also tried to find a driver upgrade for the wifi adapter that is built into my P.C, and I could not find one.

So I went on with my day, and found that after about 15-30 mins of being connected to my wifi, my download / upload speed just drops. (It becomes like .2mbps, and it is normaly 20-30 mbps) Sometimes, the router doesn't even recognize that my P.C is connected.

What should I do?
I searched for a firmware update for my router and couldn't find one.

You could try older versions of the driver for your adapter, or perhaps Windows 10 installed the only one it could find that for sure works for 10. So maybe you could try the latest driver available for Windows 8 and use it instead.

Hello,
I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 .
I searched for a update for my adapter's driver but I couldn't find one, and neither could Windows. My adapter is a 150Mbps Wireless 802.11n PCI Adapter. I also tried to find a driver upgrade for the wifi adapter that is built into my P.C, and I could not find one.

So I went on with my day, and found that after about 15-30 mins of being connected to my wifi, my download / upload speed just drops. (It becomes like .2mbps, and it is normaly 20-30 mbps) Sometimes, the router doesn't even recognize that my P.C is connected.

What should I do?
I searched for a firmware update for my router and couldn't find one.

mine went down to about 30%, simply solved by turning router off for a minute and back on

back to full speed with no new drivers needed

Hi

You could try uninstalling the Network Adapter in Device Manager and rebooting.
This will force Windows to re-detect, reinstall and configure the adapter setup.

Often this will fix issues where some problem has occurred in the devices configuration or drivers.

Mike

Hi

You could try uninstalling the Network Adapter in Device Manager and rebooting.
This will force Windows to re-detect, reinstall and configure the adapter setup.

Often this will fix issues where some problem has occurred in the devices configuration or drivers.

Mike
I just tried this. I will report if anything has changed.
Thanks

EDIT: I think it worked! I now have between 60-70 mbps!
Thank you!

Last edited:
Back