Windows 7 Sleep mode s3 not restoring from RAM

westcoastgeek

I have the following system:
Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 v1.0

CPU Type DualCore AMD Athlon Black Edition 7750, 2700 MHz (13.5 x 200)
Chipset:
North Bridge: AMD RX780
North Bridge: AMD K10 IMC
South Bridge: AMD SB700

I have 4 GB's of Memory
Graphics: PCI Express 1.0 x16: BFG GeForce 7600 GT

Everything seems to work perfectly under windows 7. I have all recent updates installed and all drivers and MB Bios's are up to date.

Except.... Sleep Mode.
If I select mode S1 in the Bios, Sleep works fine, although the computer does not completely shut down and some fans stay running.

If I select S3 mode, and the Hybrid option selected, things work to a point, in that resuming from sleep is a full re-boot process and then the system is restored from the hard drive- basically it is a hibernate operation. It does not restore from Ram first. If I turn Hybrid off, the system tells me on re-boot that windows was not shut down properly.

So basically I think this is telling me that the system is not writing to ram and is always relying on the hard drive to resotre it. How do I get it to use the write to Ram function properly so that it will do a quick reboot and not a full reboot each time it wakes up?

Do you think it could be a power supply issue? or a memory issue?

Any suggestions? I'd like to be able to have the system sleep when not in use to save power, but also be able to rapidly restore when needed.

Thank for any help you can provide.

Back