Windows 7 Small Problem RAM upgrade

alambic

Hello,
I am a newcomer to this forum and thank you for welcoming me.
I apologize for my deficiencies in English, I am French! !
But I hope I will understand ....
My question is this, I have a PC HP Pavilion a1617.fr
It is equipped with a motherboard RC410-M with 2x512MB RAM. This computer allows there a trend towards 2x1024Mb.?.?
I ask questions because after I installed 2x1024, I get an error message at each startup saying that the fault is caused by the newly installed hardware! Is there possible to correct this problem, are there risks? Should I resign myself to stay in 2x512?? :confused:
I thank the entire community for its assistance
Regards to all.

Hi,
Tried looking for your system on crucial's website, nearest i got to your model was between HP Pavillion a1615.uk(2GB) & a1620.fr the later being able to accomodate 4GB.

I would have a quick look at your BIOS, a check to see if the new RAM has been recognised,if not i would think there should be a setting to manually input new RAM value.

Check out RAM Memory Upgrade: Dell, Mac, Apple, HP, Compaq. USB drives, flash cards, SSD at Crucial.com run a scan,it should give your exact details,as RAM upgrades have to be as per board specs, i.e. if your board can accept a Max of 2GB of DDR PC3200 • CL=3 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR400 • 2.6V • 128Meg x 64 • that type of memory has to be installed, you can use slower RAM i.e 2GB of DDR PC2700 • CL=2.5 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR333Mhz • 2.5V • 128Meg x 64 • if you mix and match compatible RAM it will default to slowest speed i.e 333Mhz.
Also double check your not crossing technology i.e. Single & dual/triple channel and or DDR & DDR2/DDR3
Have also included a link for the manual for your MSI - RC410 M2-F/L/FI Motherboard http://www.iusermanual.com/down.php...VzL2Rvd25sb2Fkcy9tbnVfZXhlL0U3MTczdjIuMC56aXA=
hope this helps your cause.good luck

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom