Windows 7 Snaps, crackles and pops on Windows 7 bit-32

Niki116

Computer specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium (R) D CPU 3.00GHZ
Memory: 2.00GB of RAM
Sound: RealTek High Defintion Audio
Display: NVIDIA GeForce 7350 LE

I have TRIED EVERYTHING to fix this issue with my computer and I can't stands no more! I contacted RealTek and they gave me a diagnostic tool to figure out what my issue was. They claimed they couldn't find anything wrong with my driver so they believe that it is something else.

I have ran the DPC latency checker and have disable numerous drivers and the only thing I have concluded is this:

This is what it looks like with the internet on (eventually the pops and static return):
Link Removed due to 404 Error

This is what it looks like without the internet on:
Link Removed due to 404 Error

And here's a dl link of just how terrible the audio sounds:
Link Removed - Invalid URL(The sound at 1:33 is halloween sound effect worthy!)

Another thing is that since updating to windows 7 from Vista (ALMOST A YEAR AGO), the internet icon on my toolbar has not been correct since. It has the warning logo and says "unidentified network" when I am connected to the web. I truly think that my NIC has something to do with this problem.

1) Update bios to latest for your motherboard.

2) In the bios settings, disable any cpu throttling. If you have any motherboard utilities installed, uninstall them

3) Uninstall your current antivirus in safe mode using this tool:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Reboot and install MSE to replace it.

4) Update all network (wireless, ethernet) drivers and audio driver to latest, too.

Should be good to go.

Thank you for replying. I have a question about the bios update. Apparently I need to update my bios from the Phoenix Technologies - Home - Phoenix Technologies Ltd website, but when I go to bios update section, they keep giving me this software that will cost $29.95 to update it. Do you know where I can find the bios update elsewhere? Also, I REALLY like my current anti-virus. Does it have to be uninstalled?

Update bios from motherboard website.

"Also, I REALLY like my current anti-virus. Does it have to be uninstalled?"

You'll have to decide which you like more - the antivirus or clear sound.

Let me guess - Norton/Symantec (lol)?

Phoenix is the manufacturer of the motherboard (Guess I'll have to shell out $30 bucks. :() My antivirus is Spy Doctor. I can't STAND Norton. lol Lord, microsoft needs to get their stuff together. Windows 7 is ridiculously glitchy. On top of my sound problem, I can't burn dvd's with DVD Maker without it crashing and my computer backup fails every time it runs.

No, Phoenix is a bios maker company. Use CPU-Z to see which exact motherboard you have.

Spy Doctor sounds like a very likely culprit. Uninstall it then replace with MSE.

Look on the mainboard tab in CPU-Z.

Or you can also type msinfo32 in the start menu then press enter, to see. Look at System Model line.

But I would unisnstall a/v first anyhow. It's the most likely culprit of all.

Okay. I'm going to uninstall spyware doctor and see if that works. If not, I'll try to update my bios, but I am having a hell of a time finding an update for my motherboard. The manufacturer doesn't even list the model I have on the website.

Well it wasn't spyware doctor. Something has to be wrong with my NIC or something. Windows 7 doesn't even recognize my internet connection as a identifiable network. Plus, I don't understand why the sound is 10x worse when my internet is off and it's not as bad when it is on. There has to be some connection to the sound problem and that.

Which motherboard?

Update your video card driver for now, as well:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

And also for now, make sure hyperthreading is on in the bios.

My comment is missing, but anyhoo, it's a asus P5LP-LE leonite motherboard. I found a bios update for it on Link Removed - Invalid URL for vista (which is what I had installed previously on my pc before I installed win 7), but I'm not sure if it is wise to download it on my system.

I have updated my graphics driver and now I'm going to check on that hyperthreading in bios. Thank you so much for helping me through this.

Bios aren't made for operating systems. Install the very newest one you can find, regardless of anything else.

This is probably newer than what you have already:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Last edited:
Okay. Thanks for the link. So according to my intel processor utility, I do not have hyperthreading on my computer. You'll have to excuse me if I don't quite understand how to check for the hyperthreading in BIOS. I'm not very computer savvy so I let the utility look for it.

I'm going to try to install the bios tomorrow. (I gotta get up for work in the morning.) I'll give you a report on the audio as soon as I get the bios updated.

P.S. After downloading the new graphic driver my monitor kept flashing every couple of seconds. I changed the refresh rate to 75Hz from 60Hz and it seems to have taken care of the problem...(at least I hope so.)

You cpu has hyperthreading and is probably reporting not because it's not enabled. Search the bios settings for it or consult your motherboard manual for info.

It's like a rippling effect of problems. Now the monitor keeps flashing since the graphic card driver update and bios does not show a hyperthreading option at all. I can't find a manual online for how to get the hyperthreading option either.

I want to thank you for your help Torrent G, but I am simply fed up from with trying to fix everything. Besides the sound issue, I have an internet problem, my dvd maker and backup always crash and now I'm starting to get some weird white line that appears on the top left of my desktop screen. I'm going to have the computer diagnosed at a computer repair shop near my house and then decide whether or not the problem is fixable on my end. If not, I'm going to get a quote to see if it is worth paying to fix it all or just get a new computer (If that's the case I may say farewell to Windows altogether).

Back