Windows 10 Sniper Elite 4: out now

ragnarok1968

We who purchased by preorder were able to download the game this evening about 4PM PST.

The game is a massive upgrade from the last iteration of Sniper Elite V3.

The levels are much larger with multiple avenues of achieving the different objectives. the enemy are a lot smarter than the last game in that when you hit them, sometimes they can be knocked down and get back up forcing the gamer to make precise shots by emptying the lungs. Some maps have absolutely massive cliffs which are akin to the Terrain of the coasts of Italy.

Multiplayer (MP) now sees some of the same game modes as before. I don't play MP much and plan on investing my time in Multiplayer mode/COOP, where you can now conduct the single player missions in Multiplayer. There is one catch. I'm not sure why but, If I play the second map in single player mode and then administer the same map in MP COOP mode the game tells you beforehand it will overwrite your current save games. its a perplexing issue. So I suggest either completing the Single player campaign or simply forfeit your progress in Singleplayer mode(SP). IN MP this time, you can actually play many of the in game, characters before you join a game or when you create one this time around.

people who preordered the game, also got some nice added content like camouflage gun skins with material that is supposed to break up the outline of your firearm.

Single player campaign mode offers new stealth moves to kill your enemy. climbing up poles and then knife an enemy above you is a new move added to Sniper Elite 4.

I've been playing the game in marksman mode with some aiming help since I'm not as accurate as I once was. But the game overall has been a real pleasure and unfortunately, I looked at the leadership board and someone in a matter of a few hours has amassed over 5 million experience points in a few hours. so the cheaters are still alive and well in MP mode. I suggest you create servers or join servers you trust.

to close, I am now a Corporal in a matter of a few hours of game play. BTW, my longest kill is 366.9 meters, much further than the last couple of Sniper Elite games. MP maps seem about the same size as before, but the single player campaign maps are much larger and extremely beautiful and well thought out.

final verdict 4/5 stars

hit me up on Sniper Elite 4 under the name "The Kraken."

Last edited:
I have reached out to the developer, Rebellion, to ask if they could bring back the solo survival mode from Sniper Elite 3. I'm not too keen on Sniper Elite 4's way of doing it this time by having a set "base" because it locks you into a particular spot. SE 3 allowed you to move around to another vantage point which, is more realistic as it goes with military tactics. I know.. its a game but I shall see if Rebellion responds. keep you posted!

Back