So,,, When is Service Pack one coming?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Installation' started by JoeyC, Nov 2, 2009.

1. JoeyC

JoeyC New Member

While I had no problems installing 7 on both my desktop and an old Dell laptop and it is nice to have a fancy screen with all sorts of glizt in it, the main function of an operating system is to have functionality. About 80% of the programs I use no longer work or work with limited functionality. These programs have been tried in compatability mode and XP mode with the same problems appearing. This looks like a painted over Vista with the same if not more problems that Vista did when it was first released.

2. Highwayman

Highwayman Extraordinary Member

typically at least 6-12 months after retail release

3. Captain Halibut

Captain Halibut New Member

If only that was days rather than months.

4. oneextraid

oneextraid Banned

SP1 will not correct problems that you experience with your old applications. If they will not run in compatibility mode, then you must upgrade them to release supported on W7 (32 or 64).

5. JoeyC

JoeyC New Member

While that may be true to a point, it is amazing the amount of problems that Vista SP2 fixed. A couple of the programs that are not running correctly are/were the latest versions of Microsoft products. In addition I do have a few non MS products that run just fine and they are anywhere from the latest version (Pre W7) to several versions old.