Windows 10 [SOLVED] 10gb of ram and only 1.5 is usable.

BlockBlazerMC

Ever since I got a new hard drive and installed a fresh copy of windows 8.1, I have been having issues with my pc's speed. Before both of my usable hard drives inconveniently broke within a week, my pc was just fine in terms of speed. I could run most games I had installed. Nowadays, after upgrading to windows 10 today, I am still having issues. I originally thought it was a problem with windows 8.1, but after troubleshooting and looking for solutions, I realized that for some reason, my pc is only using roughly 1.44 GB of the 10 GB i have installed. This explains why my disk usage is always at 100%, and why my pc is so slow. Since I do not know how to even begin to search this issue, I have returned here. I will attach a screenshot of my pc specs below:
notenoughGB.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

disk100percent.PNG

If anyone has a solution, please help. I have already tried the solutions found here, and my google chrome doesn't even have the option pointed out in this thread. Thanks.

What is the brand/make/model of all your RAM sticks....part number if you can?

Open task manager > Performance. Click on Memory, what do you have listed for "Hardware Reserved"?

One of my RAM sticks is from what I believe to be produced by "ASint", and is a 2GB stick. I think the part number would be 1333. The other RAM stick I have is produced by "Patriot", and is a 8GB stick. I do not know the part number for this stick. I don't see it listed on it. Both sticks I believe are DDR3 (or DDRIII), and from left to right, the Patriot ram stick is first, and the other is last.

As for the Task manager Neem, I saw your post on one of the previous threads similar to this. Before hand, I did not see the option for "Hardware reserved", but now I do. For me, It says that 8.6GB is reserved.

With out knowing the exact brand/make/model of your RAM sticks.....it hard to say what you have going on. My guess would be that you have 2 different brands with different speeds and timings....which could make the system eventually crash.

With out knowing the exact brand/make/model of your RAM sticks.....it hard to say what you have going on. My guess would be that you have 2 different brands with different speeds and timings....which could make the system eventually crash.
It is conformed that they are two different brands. I will try to remove the 2GB stick and see how my pc runs afterwards to confirm your prediction.

You can download HWiNFO64 and it will show you all that information....

View attachment 33626

After roughly 1 and a half hours of troubleshooting, I discovered that two of my RAM sticks, (1 of them being the 8GB one), had either failed, or became unusable. The reason why I was only getting about 1.44GB of ram usable is because the 8GB RAM stick was reading, but my computer was unable to take or use memory from it. Anyways, thanks for the help. I wouldn't of figured this out without your support.

Back