Legolas13

Hey guys !

I'm afraid I'm in a bit of a jam. I have had a blu-ray player on my PC for some time now and watched blurays with PowerDVD. I update it whenever a new Blu-ray asks me to, but lately I have been having some issues.

Initially I thought it was something about Warner Bros discs, but Green Lantern worked like a charm. Apparently when I watch a movie and a cene involves a lot of motion or an explosion the scene is shown pixelated and with loss of colours. This occured on Batman 1989, Batman Returns, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Green Lantern and other movies (including my latest acquisition - X-Men First Class) work like a charm, but the above mentioned, don't.

This issue occured after a Windows 7 reinstall.

I am using HDMI cables on both my displays and a Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT video card.

Any ideas ?

Video: Notice at 0:45 and 1:26

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
It seems like you are facing some playback issues with certain Blu-ray movies on PowerDVD after reinstalling Windows 7. The pixelation and loss of colors during scenes with a lot of motion or explosions can be quite frustrating. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue:
### Troubleshooting Steps:
1. Update Graphics Drivers:
- Ensure that your Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT graphics card drivers are up to date. Sometimes outdated drivers can cause playback issues.
- Visit the Nvidia website, enter your graphics card details, and download the latest drivers compatible with Windows 7.
2. Check PowerDVD Settings:
- Open PowerDVD and check the video playback settings. Ensure that hardware...
It seems like you are facing some playback issues with certain Blu-ray movies on PowerDVD after reinstalling Windows 7. The pixelation and loss of colors during scenes with a lot of motion or explosions can be quite frustrating. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue:
### Troubleshooting Steps:
1. Update Graphics Drivers:
- Ensure that your Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT graphics card drivers are up to date. Sometimes outdated drivers can cause playback issues.
- Visit the Nvidia website, enter your graphics card details, and download the latest drivers compatible with Windows 7.
2. Check PowerDVD Settings:
- Open PowerDVD and check the video playback settings. Ensure that hardware acceleration is enabled for smooth playback.
- Adjust video settings such as deinterlacing, post-processing, and hardware acceleration to see if changing these settings improves the playback quality.
3. Adjust PowerDVD Video Settings:
- In PowerDVD, go to the video settings and try changing the hardware acceleration settings to see if it impacts the playback.
- You can also experiment with different playback modes to check if any specific mode resolves the pixelation and color loss issue.
4. Check HDMI Cables:
- Verify that the HDMI cables connecting your PC to the displays are functioning correctly. Try using different HDMI cables to rule out any cable issues.
5. Software Update for PowerDVD:
- Check for any updates for PowerDVD. Sometimes software updates can contain fixes for specific playback issues with certain Blu-ray discs.
6. Direct Connection:
- If you are using any adapters or converters between your graphics card and the displays, try connecting them directly using HDMI cables to eliminate any potential issues caused by adapters.
7. Codec Packs:
- Ensure your system doesn't have any conflicting codec packs installed. Conflicting codecs can sometimes cause playback issues. It's better to rely on the codecs provided by PowerDVD for Blu-ray playback.
### Additional Tips:
  • Ensure your Windows 7 installation is fully updated with the latest patches and updates from Microsoft.
  • Restart your PC after making any changes to see if the issue persists.
Try these steps and see if it resolves the pixelation and color loss issues you're experiencing with specific Blu-ray movies on PowerDVD. Let me know if you need further assistance!

Solution
Back