Windows 7 Some programs freezing on my new laptop

tokyo

Problem #1:
Sometimes when I am watching something on an online media(video) player while in full screen it will freeze. The video will continue to play but I won't be able to close it or use any of the controls. The only way I've been able to get out of it is by force quiting using task manager.

Problem #2:
I have a java program I use regularly but since I started trying to use it on my new windows7 laptop I have been having problems with it. When I am using the program(which is a game server for 'go', so it connects to the internet) it sometimes freeze randomly. It usually freezes after less than 5 minutes, but sometimes(rarely) I can use it for two hours with no problem.

here is a link to a web start version of the program which has the same problems for me.
KGS Go Server

Hi Tokyo,
do you have all your drivers and system bios up to date?

Hi Tokyo,
do you have all your drivers and system bios up to date?

Windows Update says I don't have any new updates available. The laptop is brand new and came with windows7 installed on it. I can't imagine anything wouldn't be up to date.

Last edited:
New machines don't always come with new drivers so it is worth checking.. The easiest way would be to find your laptop manufacturers web site and check for driver updates, bios updates or anything else thats needed..

Back