Windows 11 Something Keeps Running?

AndyJay

Earlier today I decided to Uninstall Kaspersky and install Norton instead. Since doing so I keep having what looks like a command prompt pop up but it closes literally within a couple of milliseconds so I can't get a good view of what it is. If I am on a game (or anything else) it will pause the game and shift the mouse function etc away.

I am just wondering if there is a way for me to view what is running? I know the event viewer exists but I'm not 100% sure on where to look? I don't know whether something is running a command or what it is but it's really getting annoying.

It sounds like there may be a background process or script running on your computer that is causing the command prompt window to appear. To troubleshoot this issue, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Taskbar and select "Task Manager."
2. In the Task Manager window, click on the "Processes" or "Details" tab (depending on your version of Windows).
3. Look for any suspicious or unfamiliar processes that may be running. Pay attention to any processes that are consuming a significant amount of CPU or memory resources.
4. If you identify a process that looks suspicious, you can right-click on it and select "Open File Location" to find out more information about the process.
5. Additionally, you can use a tool like Process Explorer (available from Microsoft's website) to get more detailed information about the running processes.
6. Another useful tool for troubleshooting is the Event Viewer, which logs information about various events on your computer. To open the Event Viewer, press the Windows key + R, type "eventvwr.msc" (without quotes), and press Enter. In the Event Viewer, look for any error messages or warnings that occurred around the same time as the command prompt window appeared.

If you are unable to identify the cause of the command prompt window using the above methods, it is possible that it could be caused by a different issue unrelated to the Kaspersky uninstallation. In that case, it may be worth reaching out to Norton's support for further assistance.

Back