Windows 7 Sound Is Nonexistent

AnthroMajor

I JUST got done installing W7RC1 Build 7100 on my desktop PC. Sound was working GREAT under W7Beta, but sound is now gone under RC1.

Device manager states drivers are working properly, but still have no sound. I've uninstalled the sound drivers and reinstalled them and still nothing.

I have an Intel Corporation D101GGC mainboard, and I tried installing the drivers from the Intel website and I get some odd 0x00002 error code.

Does anyone have ANY ideas? I need help getting sound back.

Thank you.

Anthony

?

Any chance you backed up the drivers when you still had Beta loaded? If so, I'd try reloading those under RC....

Hello and Welcome,

In order to troubleshoot your problem we need to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.

1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32. then expand the Conmponents tree and choose a device
2. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it.
3. Download System Information Viwer
4. Download PC WIZARD 2008
4 Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

Your video card would be of great help including make, mode, and driver version.

Have you visisted Intel's site directly for new drivers?

Back