Sound...

I have this problem that the sounds start to occasionally "crackle". This "crackling" occurs almost every time I ALT-TAB while playing World of Warcraft and listening to Winamp at the same time.

iroken22

Extraordinary Member
Premium Supporter
Re

What sound card are you using and are you using the most up-to-date drivers?

It's built-in on the motherboard, and is installed with the default Windows 7 (or Windows Vista?) driver that the OS installs itself.

iroken22

Extraordinary Member
Premium Supporter
I had a very similar problem when I had build 6801. What i did to fix it was i went to the Realtek website and downloaded the most up-to-date sound driver for my device. From then on i had no problems with crackling or the sound not working at all.

I've always had bad luck with onboard sound and trying to listen to multiple audio sources at once, (ie: Winamp and a Game) But as iroken22 said, getting the latest driver often times will fix the problem.

iroken22

Extraordinary Member
Premium Supporter
Very well put. I spent a whole day just looking through and testing the computer to determine the issue. I finallly figured it out 17 hours later when I read a post online that someone had a similar problem in VISTA and that fixed it. So I gave it a whack and it worked.

@iroken22: can you give me link to that site, or give me advice, how to solve that kind of a problem. I try to do everything, but no success. Only crackling sound in Windows 7 with Realtek HD drivers.

I, too, am having a problem listening to multiple sound sources in win7. A single source often works fine, but then fails when another sound source activates.

I did not have any problems with this in Vista.

Ok, I solve my problem:
Go to Control panel - Power options - and instead Balanced check High performance.

And no crackling sound anymore ... that works for me.

Ok, I solve my problem:
Go to Control panel - Power options - and instead Balanced check High performance.

And no crackling sound anymore ... that works for me.
This did not work for me.

I, too, am having a problem listening to multiple sound sources in win7. A single source often works fine, but then fails when another sound source activates.
Same exact problem. Has persisted from onboard sound to Creative X-Fi, with absolutely no difference, with or without beta drivers.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.