Windows 7 SSD drive and windows 7 Profesional

Joseph Binjamin

I have purchased a pc from my friend he told me to replace sata drive to ssd for better performance with windows 7 professional. what is the performance difference after replacing sata drives to SSD. I Need fast windows startup and fast opeinig of programs

In articles I've read and personal testing, performance increase is from 15%-50% or more depending on the quality of the SSD drive. The Win10 Insider Testers group which I'm part of have reported increases in this range.(there are currently over 5 Million testers in the group). My understanding that earlier versions of windows such as 7/8x don't give such a dramatic increase, as the OS itself is not as efficient as the W10 kernel. Lastly, our recommended drives tested show top brands to consider are Kingston, Intel, and Samsung. I can tell you that when I put in my Kingston 120GB SSD on my 8 year old Sony Vaio laptop, it was like it was a brand new computer again on Win7. When I upgraded to W10, it was even better than new!! :up:

Earlier versions of Windows from say Win98-Vista only show 15%-20% max performance increase in testing I've seen across major SSD or SSHD drive brands.

Hope this information proves helpful.
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>> :lightbulb:

In articles I've read and personal testing, performance increase is from 15%-50% or more depending on the quality of the SSD drive. The Win10 Insider Testers group which I'm part of have reported increases in this range.(there are currently over 5 Million testers in the group). My understanding that earlier versions of windows such as 7/8x don't give such a dramatic increase, as the OS itself is not as efficient as the W10 kernel. Lastly, our recommended drives tested show top brands to consider are Kingston, Intel, and Samsung. I can tell you that when I put in my Kingston 120GB SSD on my 8 year old Sony Vaio laptop, it was like it was a brand new computer again on Win7. When I upgraded to W10, it was even better than new!! :up:

Earlier versions of Windows from say Win98-Vista only show 15%-20% max performance increase in testing I've seen across major SSD or SSHD drive brands.

Hope this information proves helpful.
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>> :lightbulb:

This is cool performance change like 15 to 50% with ssd is great. so it is better to have ssd instead of sata

Typical spinning disks are going to be much slower than almost any SSD. Spinning disks can actually transfer faster than some lower end SSDs when it comes to sequential read/writes. The speed bottle neck on a spinning disk is due to the time it takes for the disk to rotate and the time it takes for the the arm to move to the correct track (this is called the seek time). When upgrading to an SSD look for one with a high read/write speed. Common high end speeds will be about 500-550mbps as previously stated the Samsung 850 and 850 pro SSDs are great choices. High speed and both have long warranties 5 and 10 years. There is a Samsung 950 that can hit 2gbps read and 1.5gbps write but to my knowledge only come in the M.2 SSD 88mm form factor (these will work on some of the newer motherboards)

Back
Top Bottom