Windows 7 SSD / Mozilla Firefox cache

stereo

I have an SSD OCZ Vertex 2, and 2 more HDD's.
For Mozilla Firefox i changed the browser cache to D partition, which is an HDD, same for swap / virtual memory.
I read so many stories about this. Some people said to keep it on the C, some said to move it on HDD.
Would you tell me, please, which option would be better ?!
What about RAM disk ?? Would that be faster than SSD or HDD ?
Thank you.

What do you mean by "it"? The PF? Note SSDs and PFs are perfect for each other.

I am not really impressed with RAM disks and don't recommend them if you have ample amounts of RAM and decent drives.

What do you mean by "it"? The PF? Note SSDs and PFs are perfect for each other.

I am not really impressed with RAM disks and don't recommend them if you have ample amounts of RAM and decent drives.

Excuse me ???
What do i mean bi "IT" ??? PF ?

Ok, i want to move back the PF, to C partition.
How much should i put ? 2 GB ? 1 GB ?
I have 7 GB DDR3
Thank you

Page files have been around a long time - long enough that operating systems are smarter than us at figuring out the right size page file. This is especially true with Windows 7. Therefore, I say let Windows manage your page file, then sit back and enjoy the rewards.

That said, with 7Gb of RAM, your OS and CPU have plenty of "working space" such that they will not need to use the PF for high-priority data storage. So you may not "see" any performance gains.

BTW, 7Gb is an odd amount of RAM. How is that configured (what size and how many sticks)? And what is the model number of your motherboard (or PC, if factory assembled)? I ask because depending on the motherboard, it likely supports dual-channel memory (or less common, triple-channel) architecture. And in that case (for dual) your RAM needs to be installed in matching "pairs" to take full advantage of dual-channel (which effectively almost doubles the bandwidth of your RAM - a very good thing). If your RAM is not in matched pairs, then some or all of your RAM may be running in single channel mode, and you may not be realizing your RAM's full performance potentials.

Because dual-channel offers significant performance gains, it is often better to use less RAM in dual channel than more RAM in single.

Back