Start Menu Search Gone?

pbel

Hello, after i did some tweaking on windows 7(first time ever) i somehow disabled the start search on the start menu. Now when i open the start menu i cant search which is bad. Paese help

Right click on the task bar and select properties, click on the start menu tab and then click on customize. At the bottom you'll see a button that says default settings, click that and it'll set everything in the start menu back to default.

Let me know if that doesn't work.

No, it does not work :/

Go to Control Panel\Programs and Features\Turn Windows features on or off, and enable Indexing service and Windows search
I managed to tweak it off too and it had me worried for a while ;)

edit: yeah, better late than never.. :)

Not true

Your "late" posting helped a random soul searching through the Google aether. Thanks!

helped one more
thank you

reghakr

Essential Member
Did you do it in the registry or through some tweaking program?

Go to Control Panel\Programs and Features\Turn Windows features on or off, and enable Indexing service and Windows search
I managed to tweak it off too and it had me worried for a while ;)

edit: yeah, better late than never.. :)

Thanks A Mystery, that helped me too. Created account simply to say Thanks.

hmmmm, unfortunately, i created the account here just to say "THAT DIDN'T WORK FOR ME", even after i disabled those features n re-enabling them again, but didnt work,.....

I hope there is any other way to go around this problem
Thanks for all efforts though

Elmer

Extraordinary Member
Hi sakr232000 and Welcome to The Forum.

Did you re-boot in between the removal / adding?

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.